Which Certification shoud i go for SWADLP (Hack2Secure) or CSSLP (ISC2) ?

CertinfoCertinfo Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
After Doing a little bit of research got to know Infosec certification is much needed for career growth.
I Am working as Developer and wanted to Change to Security Domain.

I looked upon internet Secure Software Development Certification and found these 2 certs which fits my profile.

Can you suggest me which one is best for me?
Or Any Other Certs available for secure Application developer?

Comments

• SteveLavoieSteveLavoie Member Posts: 1,133 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I didnt research for those kind of certification, but just for brand name recognition, I would go for CSSLP. There is some self-study material available.
  • Mike7Mike7 Member Posts: 1,107 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I did a LinkedIn job search for US. SWADP returns 0 results while CSSLP returns 314 entries.
  • fitzlopezfitzlopez Member Posts: 103 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hi, I had not heard of SWADLP, it seems it was announced on March 1st 2017. It's just 100 dlls right now? I think I can spare that. I don't think it will compete with ISC2's CSSLP, at least on the near term but who knows? At first I thought you were a hack2secure promoter icon_redface.gif

I passed the CSSLP last year and it's a good cert. If you already did your CISSP and you're a developer then you'll have no problems. I just read the CBk and the ALL in One and was all set. If you haven't done your CISSP, I suggest you give it a read. It gives a good solid foundation on all the security domains and if you pass, it will help you thru HR filters. In my case my CISSP is worth more than my CSSLP.

If you can afford them, also take a look at SANS courses https://www.sans.org/courses/ under the development section. They are great but really expensive. In my case I would start with DEV541 and DEV544, on live SANS events they sometimes can be taken back to back.
  • CertinfoCertinfo Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you For the reply.
    Yes i even didn't get any study materials on SWADLP.Hope it will be out soon.I just want to give a try to the new cert.

And yes Preparing for CSSLP too.
    Thank you Very much for the information. @Fitzlopezicon_lol.gif
    Yes CISSP is very good as per the industry standard.
    What i think we need more preparation to SANS and is little bit costly.
    Thank You Very much for sharing the information.
    Valid Point. 314 Entries
    But this swadlp certification is also good.As i go through the candidate reference.
  • paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I didn't respond to this thread because like @fitzlopez, I assumed this was another hack2secure spam.

@OP - if you did your research, you will notice that most mentions of hack2secure is in the form of spam and obvious poor attempts at social marketing. So for that reason, I don't consider any of their certs to be serious. However, that doesn't mean that you won't learn from their training. If you don't know anything about secure coding, perhaps it could be a good start. But as a cert, I can assure you that as a hiring manager, I would discount it entirely. For one thing, I don't consider certs to be of much value if they are not ANSI CAP. But the training in itself could be useful. I see that hack2secure offers a free course on Udemy - you could check it out to see if quality fits your needs.
    Certinfo wrote: »
    Or Any Other Certs available for secure Application developer?

From (ISC)2
    Secure Software Practitioner Suites
    CSSLP - Certified Secure Software Lifecycle Professional

From EC Council
    EC-Council Certified Secure Programmer

From SANS
    Secure Software Development : GWEB, GSSP-JAVA, GSSP-NET....
  • yoba222yoba222 Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■■■■■□□
    paul78 wrote: »
    I didn't respond to this thread because like @fitzlopez, I assumed this was another hack2secure spam.

@OP - if you did your research, you will notice that most mentions of hack2secure is in the form of spam and obvious poor attempts at social marketing. . .

I'm still under the impression it is.
    A+, Network+, CCNA, LFCS,
    Security+, eJPT, CySA+, PenTest+,
    Cisco CyberOps, GCIH, VHL,
    In progress: OSCP
    yoba222 wrote: »
    I'm still under the impression it is.
    I concur. Unless OP provides more background info, we should ask moderator to delete this thread.