Options

CEH Labs? Are they worth it?

fabostrongfabostrong Member Posts: 215 ■■■□□□□□□□
I just enrolled into the CEH course by EC-Council. I've seen a lot of back and forth about whether the labs they have are worth doing or not. Some people have said they're good and some have said they're trash.

Just trying to get some opinions on if people think they're good or bad and why.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    PC509PC509 Member Posts: 804 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Do you have any experience with the tools within CEH?

I found they weren't real big with the exam, but they were fun and did teach me a few things. Nothing mind blowing, but it was cool.

I'd say they are more informational and optional, but fun if you have the time to check them out.
  • Options
    fabostrongfabostrong Member Posts: 215 ■■■□□□□□□□
    PC509 wrote: »
    Do you have any experience with the tools within CEH?

I found they weren't real big with the exam, but they were fun and did teach me a few things. Nothing mind blowing, but it was cool.

I'd say they are more informational and optional, but fun if you have the time to check them out.

A little experience with some of them. I'll probably end up doing all of the labs. I think what I wonder the most is how much they'll help with the exam.
  • Options
    wayne_wonderwayne_wonder Member Posts: 215 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If work are paying then why not but if it's on your own dime then no spin up a VM Box and download them yourself cost a lot less