Passed CCSP April 4

TreySongTreySong Member Posts: 65 ■■■□□□□□□□
I sat and passed the Certified Cloud Security Professional exam yesterday.
I had ten days to study for the exam as I had just completed another cert two weeks ago. I took four days off work. I read the CBK book first which was a difficult read and then I read the AIO which was easier to read. But I'd recommend reading the AIO first and then also the CBK as the CBK does contain more detailed information, though it just lacks context some of the time and can go off point. Something should be done about how these books are written and the syntax and sentence structure. Sometimes you wonder if you are actually still reading in the English language. It should be made mandatory that every book written in the security space must meet the same quality standard as the Sybex book for CISSP. That is a glorious , easy to read book that makes you want to keep reading!
I downloaded the CSA guide v3 but didn't open it. Same for the ENISA Risk mgt doc.

As to the exam questions, I think it is important you clearly understand Cloud Security and not just read to pass as the questions will be challenging otherwise. There are very few 1+1=2 questions. Most of the questions are actually testing derived wisdom from real knowledge of the subject matter.
However, the quality and focus of the questions will need improving. Twenty minutes into the exam I was wondering if the exam was really about Cloud Security, though subsequently the questions became more specific to Cloud. Also there were some questions that just did not lend themselves to any form of understanding at all until you use your knowledge and understanding to sense what is being asked. Naturally each of the six modules were represented : Secure Communication! Secure Data! Regulation and legislation! Storage! Identity mgt! etc.
Overall, kudos to the organisers. It is easy to find fault. I think it was a good experience. Another cert in the pocket.

Comments

• kukkukukku Member Posts: 130 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations. Daniel Carter (dcarter) will be happy to read this as AIO (he is the author) benefited you. He is a member of this forum and reading these posts.:)
  • NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
  • Mike7Mike7 Member Posts: 1,107 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! Djcarter will be happy. :)
  • TreySongTreySong Member Posts: 65 ■■■□□□□□□□
    kukku wrote: »
    Congratulations. Daniel Carter (dcarter) will be happy to read this as AIO (he is the author) benefited you. He is a member of this forum and reading these posts.:)

That's cool. His book makes for a very good read and it is so very well contextualised and focused! A very thoughtfully written book.
    Congrats!
    Thanks.
    Mike7 wrote: »
    Congrats! Djcarter will be happy. :)
    He deserves it. He wrote a very readable book. Pleasantly surprised to know he is in this forum, though!
  • djcarterdjcarter Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    TreySong wrote: »
    He deserves it. He wrote a very readable book. Pleasantly surprised to know he is in this forum, though!

Thanks and I am very glad you found it helpful for the exam!

And a huge congrats on passing!
  • NavyMooseCCNANavyMooseCCNA Member Posts: 544 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!!

'My dear you are ugly, but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly' Winston Churchil

djcarter wrote: »
    Thanks and I am very glad you found it helpful for the exam!

And a huge congrats on passing!

Thanks djcarter. It was Matt Walker who recommended you in his AIO for CEHv9 which I took two weeks ago. I found Matt's writing style to be very lucid and he can be hilarious at times. So I latched on to your book and it did pay dividend. Thanks for that.
    Congrats!!
    Thank you NavyMoose. Psyching myself up for OSCP.
  • wayne_wonderwayne_wonder Member Posts: 215 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Blimey haven't you just done the ceh too? congrats though mate

Im gonna do the ceh and cissp then oscp hopefully work pay for it all..........are work funding all of yours?
  • Adamkathy23Adamkathy23 Member Posts: 9 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Many Congratulations! I have my exam booked on the 4th June & i got sweaty palms. Wait a second...Did you say you did in 10 days?
  • malindakmalindak Member Posts: 58 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Blimey haven't you just done the ceh too? congrats though mate

Im gonna do the ceh and cissp then oscp hopefully work pay for it all..........are work funding all of yours?

Hi Wayne.
    Yes I did the CEH two weeks ago. I had done CISSP last October and decided to give myself a two week break only to find out that I struggled to regain the discipline required for serious study. It took me another three month before I could start serious studies in February. So when I completed the CEH two weeks ago I simply carried on and studied for CCSP. I am now studying for OSCP and hope to take the exam sometime in June.

My work paid for CISSP but I found the process a bit tedious. So I did CEH and CCSP on my own and I am also paying for OSCP by myself. I am investing in myself so it's worth it. What I have done is divert the money for clubbing and serious drinking into investment in myself. Lol! Thanks for the congrats.
    Many Congratulations! I have my exam booked on the 4th June & i got sweaty palms. Wait a second...Did you say you did in 10 days?

Thanks Adam.
    June 4th is my date of birth. May the forces be with you on that day! Yes, I studied for it in 10 days or less. I have worked in Cyber Security and Technology Risk audit for a little over ten years and I have the view that once you understand the core tenets of Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability and have reviewed the relevant technology, you should be able to study and pass most of these exams with some diligence. My first degree was in History and I did an MBA and worked in Financial Audit after qualifying as an Accountant. Then I got bored and move into Cyber security. So with my background I believe very little is impossible once we each apply ourselves. But from all I've heard so far, OSCP is going to be my potential Waterloo. But my secret recipe is that I won't go anywhere near an exam hall unless I know for certain that I will pass. Which means I have read and reread and understand the contents of the exam. We shall see what happens with OSCP! And I am so enjoying learning new things in this field that I will simply carry on. It's no longer about the additional earning power.
    That's me!

You will be fine. Before I went into the exam hall, I thought I will be finished within one hour only to spend three hours. The key thing from my experience is to be ready to do a lot of thinking. There are so many scenario questions that at first glance are very confusing and seem to have no bearing to what I had studied. But when I spent time re-reading through them and breaking down the questions, it gradually became clear the principles and practises the examiner was looking for. You will find loads of those. I wish you well.
    malindak wrote: »
    Congratz

Thanks Malindak.
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hi Wayne.
    Yes I did the CEH two weeks ago. I had done CISSP last October and decided to give myself a two week break only to find out that I struggled to regain the discipline required for serious study. It took me another three month before I could start serious studies in February. So when I completed the CEH two weeks ago I simply carried on and studied for CCSP. I am now studying for OSCP and hope to take the exam sometime in June.

My work paid for CISSP but I found the process a bit tedious. So I did CEH and CCSP on my own and I am also paying for OSCP by myself. I am investing in myself so it's worth it. What I have done is divert the money for clubbing and serious drinking into investment in myself. Lol! Thanks for the congrats.

Yeah I'm finding getting my work to pay for it tedious so looks like I'm gonna just find it myself
    And let them reinburse me if and when. You've got the same roadmap that I plan on taking Just deciding whether to do the cissp 1st or ceh then ccsp then oscp.

I'm struggling to study though think I need to book the exam so I have something to work towards. I know what you mean about clubbing and that it's expensive but it's great you're investing in yourself mate that's what it's all about. You uk based also?
    Yeah I'm finding getting my work to pay for it tedious so looks like I'm gonna just find it myself
    And let them reinburse me if and when. You've got the same roadmap that I plan on taking Just deciding whether to do the cissp 1st or ceh then ccsp then oscp.

I'm struggling to study though think I need to book the exam so I have something to work towards. I know what you mean about clubbing and that it's expensive but it's great you're investing in yourself mate that's what it's all about. You uk based also?

Hi Wayne.
    Yes I am UK based and work out of London in Canary Wharf. On the struggling bit, it is the lot of those who work and study at the same time. And I think your strategy will work as I find that it is only when I book an exam and have an exam date that I am able to muster the disciple required to study. I also ensure I don't change the exam date. That way I am locked in and must study !

And in terms of roadmap, I find that I was fortunate to have taken CISSP first as it gave me residual and sometime specific knowledge that helped with CEH and CCSP. And of course CEH will help a lot with OSCP.
    Congrats!

Thanks Davis.
    And in terms of roadmap, I find that I was fortunate to have taken CISSP first as it gave me residual and sometime specific knowledge that helped with CEH and CCSP. And of course CEH will help a lot with OSCP.

Cheers for the advice im usually based in birmingham or waterloo if in london! think i'll go with the cissp 1st then take it from there