EC-COUNCIL CCISO Exam

virtualizationGvirtualizationG Member Posts: 19 ■■□□□□□□□□
I earned my CCISO today. Certified Chief Information Security Officer. Hardest exam I've taken by far. 250 questions with only 4hrs to complete, very similar to CISSP exam format. EC-COUNCIL did well on the exam writing and materials. Hats off to them. I won't post my score sheet because of my ethical commitment to the process, but I would highly suggest reviewing the SDLC and PMP materials. They are very useful when combined with a solid technical background.

By the way, I said the exam was the hardest for a reason, it's not memorization of tech facts, in fact the techie answer is normally not a good choice, it's difficult because as a tech of almost 20yrs it forced me to think big picture aka board room esk, while reading the questions.

Comments

• 636-555-3226636-555-3226 Member Posts: 975 ■■■■■□□□□□
    What kind of prereqs does EC-Council require for this exam? Your existing certs don't look entirely security-centric
  • grauwulfgrauwulf Member Posts: 94 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I also passed the CCISO certification recently. It's not an easy exam but I don't know that I would label it as terribly difficult. Similar to the CISSP? Yes. The exam covers a lot of material, there is no getting around that, but a well rounded technical leader shouldn't have too much difficulty with it.

The pre-reqs are, IIRC, 5 years of experience within 3 of 5 domains.

Domain 1: Governance (Policy, Legal & Compliance)
    Domain 2: IS Management Controls and Auditing Management
    Domain 3: Management – Projects and Operations (Projects, Technology & Operations)
    Domain 4: Information Security Core Competencies
    Domain 5: Strategic Planning & Finance.
  • ITSecurity1ITSecurity1 Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I passed the CCISO exam as well. On a scale of 1 to 5, 5 being hardest, I think it was a 3.5. If you have been in the industry for awhile then you should be able to pass with the book and there are a number of prep exams that can help too. The ISACA tests in general are hard to me so I would give those a 5 and that's where I'm basing the 3.5 for CCISO exam.
  • SaSkillerSaSkiller Member Posts: 337 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I don't know why anyone would get this, much less people who already have a CISSP.
    OSWP, GPEN, GWAPT, GCIH, CPT, CCENT, CompTIA Trio.
  • kingholmeskingholmes Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Any study material suggestions? I am not finding much on the certification out there.
  • SaSkillerSaSkiller Member Posts: 337 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I earned my CCISO today. Certified Chief Information Security Officer. Hardest exam I've taken by far. 250 questions with only 4hrs to complete, very similar to CISSP exam format. EC-COUNCIL did well on the exam writing and materials. Hats off to them. I won't post my score sheet because of my ethical commitment to the process, but I would highly suggest reviewing the SDLC and PMP materials. They are very useful when combined with a solid technical background.

By the way, I said the exam was the hardest for a reason, it's not memorization of tech facts, in fact the techie answer is normally not a good choice, it's difficult because as a tech of almost 20yrs it forced me to think big picture aka board room esk, while reading the questions.

Why is it more difficult from the CISSP then?
    OSWP, GPEN, GWAPT, GCIH, CPT, CCENT, CompTIA Trio.
  • yoba222yoba222 Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■■■■■□□
    SaSkiller wrote: »
    I don't know why anyone would get this, much less people who already have a CISSP.
    Wondering this as well. Ranks up there in puzzling things to get right about at the same level as getting a master's degree from EC Council.
    A+, Network+, CCNA, LFCS,
    Security+, eJPT, CySA+, PenTest+,
    Cisco CyberOps, GCIH, VHL,
    In progress: OSCP
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Ha! I was reading a LinkedIn thread from a guy asking for hand-on Infosec masters recommendations. Most people suggested SANS Technology Institute but this one guy suggested EC Council. It was hard not to say anything.
  • scascscasc Member Posts: 461 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Interestingly there seems to be a number of CISO's I know who are taking/have taken the C-CISO exam and have thoroughly recommended it as it goes into areas not apparently covered elsewhere (that or probably those guys did not want to do CISSP/CISM :))

I might also do it for the CV haha as I have the experience.
    AWS, Azure, GCP, ISC2, GIAC, ISACA, TOGAF, SABSA, EC-Council, Comptia...
  • yoba222yoba222 Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■■■■■□□
    That's a valid point. You do get to put the phrase Certified ISO on your resume I suppose that counts for something.
    A+, Network+, CCNA, LFCS,
    Security+, eJPT, CySA+, PenTest+,
    Cisco CyberOps, GCIH, VHL,
    In progress: OSCP
  • Mike7Mike7 Member Posts: 1,107 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Meanwhile, in a galaxy far far away..... CEO of Fortune 1000 company was talking to HR head.

CEO: I read about cybersecurity breaches every day. We need to hire someone to reassure our shareholders and improve our share price. Our board of directors suggest we get a CISO. We need someone who is qualified.
    HR: You know, I just received 2 CVs this morning. Person A has MBA and is a ... er. .. CISSP? Person B is a CCISO, certified CISO.
    CEO: What's CISSP? I need a security person. Hire the certified CISO! He should be qualified.