3 months enough time for cyber ops?

Ryan9764Ryan9764 Member Posts: 88 ■■□□□□□□□□
In end of July I will be going back to school. I just wondering if 3 months enough time for ccna cyber security? I will be study around 4-5 hours a day. Should I wait until I finish school or could I get it done before July 30? Thanks

Comments

• stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Three months is how long Cisco is giving their scholarship awardees to go through the material. If you have a background in security, such as experience, training, and/or certifications, then it shouldn't be too difficult to accomplish by the end of July. What resources will you use?
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    4-5 hours a day? I'd have to assume in 1 month you could probably knock it out.
  • Ryan9764Ryan9764 Member Posts: 88 ■■□□□□□□□□
    stryder144 wrote: »
    Three months is how long Cisco is giving their scholarship awardees to go through the material. If you have a background in security, such as experience, training, and/or certifications, then it shouldn't be too difficult to accomplish by the end of July. What resources will you use?
    I don't have any exp in security or networking. The only thing I got is a networking degree
  • Master YodaMaster Yoda Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Can you explain what degree you have? I'm a little confused on how you have a degree in Networking which would require a lot of Networking classes & labs/projects but yet say you don't have any experience with it? (I have a degree in Networking)
    Ryan9764 wrote: »
    I don't have any exp in security or networking. The only thing I got is a networking degree
  • NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Ryan9764 wrote: »

Seriously, if you already got a networking degree and understand basic networking concepts, I'm pretty sure if your actually putting in 4-5 hours a day and you can get this in one month.
  • Ryan9764Ryan9764 Member Posts: 88 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Can you explain what degree you have? I'm a little confused on how you have a degree in Networking which would require a lot of Networking classes & labs/projects but yet say you don't have any experience with it? (I have a degree in Networking)
    I mean I don't have any job exp. After I got my degree, something happen to me and I couldn't get a job. Now I all better, I looking for a job.
  • Neil86Neil86 Member Posts: 182 ■■■■□□□□□□
    If you can knock it out prior to returning to school, I would recommend it.

I am finishing my AS in Network Infrastructure next week, and Cisco Academy classes were part of the curriculum. I kept telling myself I would find time to really study and take the exam while everything was fresh, but with the amount of full-time school work, I haven't been able to do so.

Once school ends, I will have time to review topics and take the exam.

Your situation may differ, however.

Good luck.
  • Master YodaMaster Yoda Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Seriously, if you already got a networking degree and understand basic networking concepts, I'm pretty sure if your actually putting in 4-5 hours a day and you can get this in one month.

Exactly