Options

Cpe

SteveLavoieSteveLavoie Member Posts: 1,133 ■■■■■■■■■□
Hi I am currently SSCP, so I need only 20 CPE/year. I know that without too much effort, I will do like 20-25 type A CPE and 60 type B CPE. Would you register all them, or only those required ? At the end of the 3 year-cycle, I will be able to rollover all type A CPE acquired in the last 6 month of the 3 year cycle. Do you see any other advantage?

Comments

• Options
    mbarrettmbarrett Member Posts: 397 ■■■□□□□□□□
    At the end of the 3 year-cycle, I will be able to rollover all type A CPE acquired in the last 6 month of the 3 year cycle. Do you see any other advantage?
    It can serve as a record of stuff you have used in the past, in case you get busy with other things and lost track. Otherwise, there's no advantage that I can think of.
  • Options
    BuzzSawBuzzSaw Member Posts: 259 ■■■□□□□□□□
    mbarrett wrote: »
    It can serve as a record of stuff you have used in the past, in case you get busy with other things and lost track. Otherwise, there's no advantage that I can think of.
    I track pretty much everything. The reason for this is that at any time they can "audit" you. So, if for some reason you cant prove an item (maybe you cant find the email, or the receipt, or whatever) - you have other items to fall back on
  • Options
    I already track them into our internal system (I am required to do x paid hours per year of training, it is not a big obligation :) ) I will add more than enough (specially type A CPE) in case of an audit.
  • Options
    chickenlicken09chickenlicken09 Member Posts: 537 ■■■■□□□□□□
    i am in a similar situation with my CPEs...how do i know when i have to have them submitted/done by?

I started yesterday with 5 group B cpes i think it was.
  • Options
    Depending on your certfication (SSCP, CISSP), you have a target of A or B type of CPE. You have to obtain x per year on a 3 year cycle. So you can't do 100 CPE one year and none the 2 other year. The distinction between A or B is quite clear, A for ISC2 domain related training, B for other training. Read the CPE guideline PDF, it is 16 page long and it make it very clear.
  • Options
    dhay13dhay13 Member Posts: 580 ■■■■□□□□□□
    eddo1 wrote: »
    i am in a similar situation with my CPEs...how do i know when i have to have them submitted/done by?

I started yesterday with 5 group B cpes i think it was.

When you log into ISC(2) Member page it should tell you in the upper left how many you need and when you need them by.

I have 39 Group A and 5 Group B this year and they apparently have accepted that as mine says my next CPE's are due in 2018