Finally passed Security+

jimmysnooka90jimmysnooka90 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
Study materials:
GCGA book w/ premium content, Google, measureup, Exam Compass
How I studied:
I read through the GCGA book while taking notes of KEY content. I took NUMEROUS exams to make sure I was ready. The key thing to remember is to never memorize exam content. Know WHY this is the right answer and understand WHY this wouldn't be the right answer.
Darril explains it clearly in his FAQ's on his page. As long as you follow what he says you will be golden.
Note: I have failed the SY0-401 before multiple times. Once I went through his content and listened to what he said I passed.
If I can pass you can too. I scored a 771.

Comments

• scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    Congrats!!!
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • pinksjpinksj Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!!
  • swampratswamprat Member Posts: 76 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Way to stick with it
  • GeekyChickGeekyChick Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations! Glad you didn't give up.
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    GeekyChick wrote: »
    Congratulations! Glad you didn't give up.

I agree with GeekyChick Glad you stuck with it. Congrats!
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • p@r0tuXusp@r0tuXus Member Posts: 532 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good job!
    Completed: ITIL-F, A+, S+, CCENT, CCNA R|S
    In Progress: Linux+/LPIC-1, Python, Bash
    Upcoming: eJPT, C|EH, CSA+, CCNA-Sec, PA-ACE
  • Goteki54Goteki54 Member Posts: 79 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Awesome Job!!!icon_cheers.gif
    CompTIA A+, Network+, Security +., SSCP
  • jhntbrightjhntbright Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats and thanks for the encouraging. Good luck on next cert.
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!!icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • MitMMitM Member Posts: 622 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations
    I took NUMEROUS exams to make sure I was ready. The key thing to remember is to never memorize exam content. Know WHY this is the right answer and understand WHY this wouldn't be the right answer.

Exactly!
  • MkroadrushMkroadrush Member Posts: 38 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Study materials:
    GCGA book w/ premium content, Google, measureup, Exam Compass
    I scored a 771.

Congrats, I am almost finishing Darril's book. For Measureup, which one did you take? the practice lab or the practice test?

Some folks tell me that the Premium content from Darril's book will be enough...

How long did you study for? - I'm on my 7 week

Did you practice the exams after GCGA book or while reading the book?

Thanks,

Mk
  • Captain_DeadpoolCaptain_Deadpool Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Awesome sauce jimmy!

Congrats! Whats next?
  • jon828jon828 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Mkroadrush wrote: »
    Congrats, I am almost finishing Darril's book. For Measureup, which one did you take? the practice lab or the practice test?

Some folks tell me that the Premium content from Darril's book will be enough...

How long did you study for? - I'm on my 7 week

Did you practice the exams after GCGA book or while reading the book?

Thanks,

Mk

I basically only used Darrils book and premium content, and some free resources online. Studied for about months. Read it front to back many times. Passed with a 832
  • NavyMooseCCNANavyMooseCCNA Member Posts: 544 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!!

'My dear you are ugly, but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly' Winston Churchil

• jimmysnooka90jimmysnooka90 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I work for a defense contract agency, so I utilized dod.measureup.com. The questions from that exam were very relevant to the actual exam. But IMO I believe darrils premium content is enough. Aside from reading the book I downloaded his audio content and listened to it constantly on my way to work. I did this for about 1.5 months.

I did the chapter exams as I went though the book and did them all once more when I finished his book.

You got this!
  • jimmysnooka90jimmysnooka90 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Awesome sauce jimmy!

Congrats! Whats next?

My new job requires me to get ITIL Foundations. So I guess that's my next goal!
  • ultm8mindultm8mind Member Posts: 111