Passed Security+ Today

GeekyChickGeekyChick Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
I'm very happy to say I passed Security+ with a 778. The score wasn't great, but a pass is a pass. The test wasn't as hard as I thought it would be and I actually thought Network+ was harder.

I used Darril Gibson's book and information I got from the Cisco SECFND class primarily. The local ISSA chapter held a review class that I went to also, which was helpful. Good luck to all those pursuing it now. If I can do it, you can do it.

Comments

• scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    Good for you! YAY!
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • NavyMooseCCNANavyMooseCCNA Member Posts: 544 ■■■■□□□□□□
    GeekyChick wrote: »
    I'm very happy to say I passed Security+ with a 778. The score wasn't great, but a pass is a pass. The test wasn't as hard as I thought it would be and I actually thought Network+ was harder.

I used Darril Gibson's book and information I got from the Cisco SECFND class primarily. The local ISSA chapter held a review class that I went to also, which was helpful. Good luck to all those pursuing it now. If I can do it, you can do it.
    Congrats!!!

'My dear you are ugly, but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly' Winston Churchil

• greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats!
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • nisti2nisti2 Member Posts: 503 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratsss!! :D
    2020 Year goals:
    Already passed: Oracle Cloud, AZ-900
    Taking AZ-104 in December.

"Certs... is all about IT certs!"
  • jcundiffjcundiff Member Posts: 486 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats, knew you had this one :)
    "Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Doesn't Work Hard" - Tim Notke
  • Thoth_DhwtyThoth_Dhwty Member Posts: 96 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats girl!
  • p@r0tuXusp@r0tuXus Member Posts: 532 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yaaaayyyyy! Great job. :D
    Completed: ITIL-F, A+, S+, CCENT, CCNA R|S
    In Progress: Linux+/LPIC-1, Python, Bash
    Upcoming: eJPT, C|EH, CSA+, CCNA-Sec, PA-ACE
  • shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Very Very Nice, HI5! Cheers!
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP
  • PCTechLincPCTechLinc Member Posts: 646 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Awesome job! What do you plan on tackling next?
    Master of Business Administration in Information Technology Management - Western Governors University
    Master of Science in Information Security and Assurance - Western Governors University
    Bachelor of Science in Network Administration - Western Governors University
    Associate of Applied Science x4 - Heald College
  • Deus Ex MachinaDeus Ex Machina Member Posts: 127
    Congrats! I agree, Network+ was much harder in terms of where you should be in your knowledge vs the actual test. The jump from A+ to Net+ is huge, but If you have the Net+, you already know like 20% of what you need to pass Sec+.
    "The winner takes it all"
  • marianonamorosomarianonamoroso Member Posts: 48 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • KhayriKhayri Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I just passed as well
    Certifications - CompTIA A +, CompTIA Security +
  • Infosec85Infosec85 Member Posts: 192 ■■■□□□□□□□

I actually stated the samething about the N+ exam and some members thought I was crackers : $
  • GeekyChickGeekyChick Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Infosec85 wrote: »
    I actually stated the samething about the N+ exam and some members thought I was crackers : $

I don't think you're crackers. icon_lol.gif

What @Deus Ex Machina said is right. It is a steep learning curve at first. I also did think the questions on the Sec+ weren't worded as oddly as they were on the Net+ but it could have been my test.

@PCTechLinc - I'm taking the SECOPS class right now so I'll finish that up and test for that and take the SECFND exam. I'm relieved I'm done with the Security+ because I was in the middle of this Cisco series and it was just bothering me I didn't have it done. Besides it was taking up precious brain space, which is in short supply lately.
  • Nik 99Nik 99 Member Posts: 154 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats, awesome job!

You got exactly same score as me, 778. How did you feel after seeing your score? Little dissapointed you couldn't get slighty higher? I really wanted to get 800 or above, but a pass is a pass at end of the day.
    Nik 99 wrote: »
    Congrats, awesome job!

You got exactly same score as me, 778. How did you feel after seeing your score? Little dissapointed you couldn't get slighty higher? I really wanted to get 800 or above, but a pass is a pass at end of the day.

Yes, I actually was disappointed. I felt like I knew it really well so I thought for sure my score would be higher. I think I got the same exact score on the Net+ too. Guess I'm just a 778 type of girl. icon_cry.gif
  • swampratswamprat Member Posts: 76 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Don't worry about the score, a pass is a pass. That being said, feel free to go back and study any particular subjects that you know you got wrong and that bother you. I know I"ll still generally study (or at least look up) one or two things even after a pass, just because of a nagging feeling that i should haev known said information, and wanting to fix that lack.
  • jibtechjibtech Member Posts: 424 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Yes, I actually was disappointed. I felt like I knew it really well so I thought for sure my score would be higher. I think I got the same exact score on the Net+ too. Guess I'm just a 778 type of girl. icon_cry.gif

Better than a 728 type of girl ;)
  • Brickcityrican1Brickcityrican1 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on your security exam. I'm in the United States Air Force and my my exam is in two days is there anything that you can tell me that stood out in the exam that I can brush up on I'm really nervous and how were the simulations in the beginning of the test
  • NavyMooseCCNANavyMooseCCNA Member Posts: 544 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations on your security exam. I'm in the United States Air Force and my my exam is in two days is there anything that you can tell me that stood out in the exam that I can brush up on I'm really nervous and how were the simulations in the beginning of the test
    Have you purchased Darril Gibson's premium content? It wasn't much money and it is very good. Since you're military, look at FedVTE for their training videos. I liked the Security+ video much better than the Cryarby video....

'My dear you are ugly, but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly' Winston Churchil

• Brickcityrican1Brickcityrican1 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you, i'm just really nervous. I'm currently deployed to Afghanistan right now, and it's difficult to study with everything going on over here, but it is what it is thank you for your assistance. Have a blessed day.
  • denise23denise23 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrats can you tell a little about the tests? if you can remember was there any questions on subnetting?
    denise23 wrote: »
    congrats can you tell a little about the tests? if you can remember was there any questions on subnetting?

Hi. No I did not have any subnetting questions on the test. Without going in to much detail, just focus on the practical side of security and know the things that you would really have to do on-the-job (firewalls, security controls, etc). I really thought the test was straight-forward. Good luck.
    Thank you, i'm just really nervous. I'm currently deployed to Afghanistan right now, and it's difficult to study with everything going on over here, but it is what it is thank you for your assistance. Have a blessed day.

I just saw this. How did you do?
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! icon_cheers.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
    jibtech wrote: »
    Better than a 728 type of girl ;)

Lol, that's funny! I was kind of hoping to be an 840 type of girl.

Thank you all so much for your support.
  • IdRatherNotIdRatherNot Member Posts: 10 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Awesome Job! I have that test scheduled for next week!
  • ultm8mindultm8mind Member Posts: 111
    I have two things, two parts for the first Congrats and is that you in the icon pic? If so, you're a cutie and now you have Sec+ and haave to update your certs by the way.

Second BrickCity, what's your MOS? I've spent half my adult life deployed and was able to do more during those hectic times than I was at home (when internet became available). And yes I've been all over there, before internet was all over and readily available.
    @IdRatherNot - best of luck to you on the exam. Do you feel ready?

@ultm8mind - Thank you for your service! And thanks, I forgot to update my profile to include Sec+. Oh and it's easy to look good in a postage stamp pic. icon_lol.gif
  • BlackoutBlackout Member Posts: 512 ■■■■□□□□□□
    When I took the N+ and Security + in 2010 I thought the Network+ was more difficult then the Security+ that was back during the 201
    Current Certification Path: CCNA, CCNP Security, CCDA, CCIE Security

"Practice doesn't make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect"

Vincent Thomas "Vince" Lombardi