Options

Proctored Home Exam?

dehgrahdehgrah Member Posts: 140 ■■■□□□□□□□
I'm thinking about taking the proctored exam through Microsoft(Pearson?), has anyone done this before? If so, how was it?

Comments

• Options
    scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    I have done it for my HDI and my ITIL. It was 'ok', kinda big brotherish.
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • Options
    greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I like it, I don't have to leave my home and can actually study and review until almost the exact time before the exam before I have put clean up the room and put everything away. Its nice to have the option to do a proctored exam because I live on an island where there isn't a testing center and use to have to travel if I scheduled an exam.
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • Options
    AndersonSmithAndersonSmith Member Posts: 471 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I did it for one of my exams and it went well for me. I've read some horror stories from others who have had bad experiences with it, but I was able to take it in a conference room where I work which was nice.
    All the best,
    Anderson

"Everything that has a beginning has an end"
  • Options
    dehgrahdehgrah Member Posts: 140 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Can you have windows in your bedroom but with blinds/shades?
  • Options
    AndersonSmithAndersonSmith Member Posts: 471 ■■■□□□□□□□
    dehgrah wrote: »
    Can you have windows in your bedroom but with blinds/shades?

Yes, and they will make you close the blinds and shades. It honestly may be a little difficult to do it in your bedroom though depending on how much stuff you have in there and if you have a bunch of stuff on the walls. I had to walk with my laptop all the way around the room and show them every wall, the top of the desk, under the desk, the ceiling, the floor, the windows, and they had me verify the blinds were closed tight. There were a couple posters on the wall he made me get closer to so he could get a better look at them. The room also needs to be free of any noise and if it gets too noisy they can end the exam. They also had me empty out my pockets and show them that I had set my wallet and phone out of reach of myself. Like I said, it takes a few extra minutes to get everything going but my experience with it was good.
    All the best,
    Anderson

"Everything that has a beginning has an end"