WGU M.S. - IT Management Degree Completed!!

Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
I finally finished my journey at WGU and acquired my Master's degree. I just got my results a few hours ago from the Capstone Oral Defense evaluation earlier this afternoon and passed on my first attempt along with the Capstone Written Project. This was a very long, enduring journey over the last 12-13 months for me. There were times of joy, peace, pain, sorrow so many emotions along the way. It was painful at times along the way with many personal circumstances such as having to move twice during my program as well as having to maintain two jobs and my commitments with church,etc.. Life can always challenge you but I pressed on knowing that this would be for my future and to support my family and those around me who I love that are still with me!! My faith and trust in the Lord and many reminders helped push me forward and remind me of what is upon me and to come in the days and years to come both while on earth and my eternal destiny. :)

Thanks to all my colleagues, family, friends, and the community at TechExams who have supported me or reached out to me with encouragement. I value this community for not only how we support and help each other with technical knowledge or advice on our careers but as the people we are who strive for much higher and above the average. We as humans are capable of great things so press on my colleagues!! Good luck on your studies and God bless you all!!

This will help my resume immensely and I hope it opens doors as I continue to push towards management roles in the future!!

These passages gave me great strength, guidance, and encouragement during my journey:

Luke 1:37 - For with God nothing shall be impossible.

Ephesians 2:10 - For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.

Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

My future plans will be starting my MCSE or some project manager certifications in a few months after I take some time off to unwind and detox from certs/degrees. I have many unfulfilled and unfinished projects that I would like to tackle. This includes my gaming backlog!! Do some traveling, reading (non-technical), and relaxing in nature and spiritually.

I already have trips planned for Brazil to see the Christ the Messiah statue this Fall and Iceland to see the Northern Lights in the winter!! I can't wait

I will be attending the graduation ceremony in July in Salt Lake City and applied to do a speech at the commencement so I'm looking forward to that in the near future!! I have no plans for additional school (PhD) but I will continue to be a lifelong learner through certifications and training. I'm 100% debt free - no student loans, credit cards, etc.. I never want that ever again!!

Courses:

-Risk Management - Passed
-Current and Emerging Technology - Passed
-Cyberlaw, Regulations, and Compliance - Passed
-Technical Writing - Passed
-Power, Influence and Leadership - Passed
-Advanced Networking Technology - Passed
-Disaster Recovery Planning, Prevention and Response - Passed
-Information Technology Management - Passed
-Technological Globalization - Passed
-MS, Information Technology Management Capstone Written Project - Passed
-MS, Information Technology Management Capstone Oral Defense - Passed

I completed the goal!! I couldn't have done this without the hero of my life Jesus Christ and the love of my family and friends and their support once again was so wonderful.

#GlorytoGod, #FutureWGUgraduate, #greatnessawaits

Never give up on your dreams and ambitions!!

P.S. To the angel of my life I did it!!!!
*Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
*Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63

Comments

• GSXR750K2GSXR750K2 Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Awesome job, man! :)
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Thanks buddy!! :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • JD20JD20 Member Posts: 66 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats and good luck in all your future plans.

P.S. I'm jealous about your trips to Brazil and Iceland. Have fun!
  • TranceSoulBrotherTranceSoulBrother Member Posts: 215
    Congrats.
    Hopefully, I should be done with the MBA in the next 2-3 months and say thanks/good bye to WGU (my second grad degree from them)
  • joelsfoodjoelsfood Member Posts: 1,027 ■■■■■■□□□□
  • srabieesrabiee Member Posts: 1,231 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats! icon_cheers.gif
    WGU Progress: Master of Science - Information Technology Management (Start Date: February 1, 2015)
    Completed: LYT2, TFT2, JIT2, MCT2, LZT2, SJT2 (17 CU's)
    Required: FXT2, MAT2, MBT2, C391, C392 (13 CU's)

Bachelor of Science - Information Technology Network Design & Management (WGU - Completed August 2014)
    GSXR750K2 wrote: »
    Awesome job, man! :)

I look forward to you joining me at the finish line!! :)

• cdxcdx Member Posts: 186
    SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED FOR YOU DAKINGGAMER87!!! CONGRATS! I can't wait in 1-2 years from now to tell you that I graduated with a masters as well!
    Bachelor of Science - Information Technology - Security
    Associate of Science - Computer Information Systems
  • coffeeluvrcoffeeluvr Member Posts: 734 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congratulations!! Thank you for sharing your journey with us. I wish you all the best in your future endeavors!!
    "Something feels funny, I must be thinking too hard. - Pooh"
    Thank you everyone for the congratulations, messages, and kind thoughts I appreciate you all!! :)

• mzx380mzx380 Member Posts: 453 ■■■■□□□□□□
    A beautiful post! Congratulations on finishing up your degree, you have earned the R&R time.
    Certifications: ITIL, ACA, CCNA, Linux+, VCP-DCV, PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM
    Currently Working On: Microsoft 70-761 (SQL Server)
  • clarkincnetclarkincnet Member Posts: 256 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! Well done. Well deserved.
    Give a hacker an exploit, and they will have access for a day, BUT teach them to phish, and they will have access for the rest of their lives!

Have: CISSP, CISM, CRISC, CGEIT, ITIL-F
    mzx380 wrote: »
    A beautiful post! Congratulations on finishing up your degree, you have earned the R&R time.

Thanks man I hope I brought inspiration with the story of my journey!! :)

• m y w g um y w g u Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Someone came to my place of work asking if we'd proctor an exam for him. The exam was the last thing he needed to do for his BS degree. That's where I first heard about WGU. I just signed up for the Masters program you've just completed.
    Would you say your 12/13 month time-frame was overwhelming? I have a full time job, and family (3 kids and a 10 month old). I'm looking at getting a masters degree to keep moving up the ladder.
    And congratulations by the way!
  • TacoRocketTacoRocket Member Posts: 497 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! You've done well and this is well deserved!
    These articles and posts are my own opinion and do not reflect the view of my employer.

Website gave me error for signature, check out what I've done here: https://pwningroot.com/
  • Hatch1921Hatch1921 Member Posts: 257 ■■■■□□□□□□
    A big congrats! No easy task and something to be very proud of :)

I'm working on the degree as well. I just finished the competition round with my team... we scored a 93% and now with task #2 complete... it's time to work on the company written project and video. :)

All the best and congrats again.

Hatch
    m y w g u wrote: »
    Someone came to my place of work asking if we'd proctor an exam for him. The exam was the last thing he needed to do for his BS degree. That's where I first heard about WGU. I just signed up for the Masters program you've just completed.
    Would you say your 12/13 month time-frame was overwhelming? I have a full time job, and family (3 kids and a 10 month old). I'm looking at getting a masters degree to keep moving up the ladder.
    And congratulations by the way!

Thanks for the congratulations very much appreciated!! I would say anything is possible. My added perspective is that during my degree I was balancing two jobs, church/missionary work, and a few other activities/routine projects so you can most certainly fight the good fight. I completed mine in about a year (12-13 month) timeframe.

The most important tip and advice I have is remember your why and keep that attitude of positivity. To quote one of my favorite passages - Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me or Jeremiah 29:11.

So, go for it and I'll be around should I be of any help or assistance. God bless you efforts and your family. :)

TacoRocket wrote: »
    Congrats! You've done well and this is well deserved!

Thanks!!!! :)

Hatch1921 wrote: »
    A big congrats! No easy task and something to be very proud of :)

I'm working on the degree as well. I just finished the competition round with my team... we scored a 93% and now with task #2 complete... it's time to work on the company written project and video. :)

All the best and congrats again.

Hatch

Thanks much appreciated!! You got this your almost at the finish line!! :)

• msITmanagementhelpmsITmanagementhelp Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey, how's it going I am. I am doing this same program, and I was wondering if there was a way that I could contact you for advice? Such as skype or email. I am not able to pm people on this website for some reason.

Thanks,
  • techhelp432techhelp432 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks much appreciated!! You got this your almost at the finish line!! :)
    Any chance I could talk to you about the program? :)
    Hey, how's it going I am. I am doing this same program, and I was wondering if there was a way that I could contact you for advice? Such as skype or email. I am not able to pm people on this website for some reason.

Thanks,

I will message you and help however I can. :)

Any chance I could talk to you about the program? :)

I will reach out to you as soon as I can. :)

What questions do you have?

• 100k100k Member Posts: 196
    I have been interest in this program for a bit but not sure of its value vs a B&M. Can this get me up to a VP level or will I be capped at IT Manager?
    100k wrote: »
    I have been interest in this program for a bit but not sure of its value vs a B&M. Can this get me up to a VP level or will I be capped at IT Manager?

I think anything is possible with the right drive, faith, and passion!! :)

I plan to use this degree to take me up to a high level in management!!

• PantherPanther Member Posts: 118 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats Dakinggamer87! From reading people's posts who did WGU, it's not easy, and a journey. May I ask, why the MS versus the MBA IT? I'm interested in WGU, but not sure what to pursue. Thanks.
    Panther wrote: »
    Congrats Dakinggamer87! From reading people's posts who did WGU, it's not easy, and a journey. May I ask, why the MS versus the MBA IT? I'm interested in WGU, but not sure what to pursue. Thanks.

Thank you it was quite the journey and words can only give such a small subset into the actual experience. icon_lol.gif

I found the material more interesting to be honest with the MS over the MBA and more applicable to my career direction. I recently moved into a management position and my degree I was told was one of the key reasons I was selected over the large pool of candidates. :)

I took some MBA online classes training to fill in any gaps on the Marketing, HR, Budgeting, Accounting, etc.. shortly after I graduated from WGU.

So I feel very confident and prepared in my path to management and moving higher in my IT career walking by hard work and faith - Psalms 23:1

I hope that answered your question!! :)

• NavyMooseCCNANavyMooseCCNA Member Posts: 544 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!!!

'My dear you are ugly, but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly' Winston Churchil

• coreyb80coreyb80 Member Posts: 647 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats!!
    WGU BS - Network Operations and Security
    Completion Date: May 2021
  • shortiebsshortiebs Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Hope you continue to your goals and aspirations!