Options

GCCC vs CISA

ErtazErtaz Member Posts: 934 ■■■■■□□□□□
Is the GCCC a good prep to take the CISA? I'm considering this before June.

Comments

• Options
    jg372jg372 Member Posts: 22 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I haven't taken CISA (yet) but GCCC was good, I enjoyed it. Thought it covered a bit on auditing. I am going to assume it's a bit more technical than CISA though.
  • Options
    ErtazErtaz Member Posts: 934 ■■■■■□□□□□
    jg372 wrote: »
    I haven't taken CISA (yet) but GCCC was good, I enjoyed it. Thought it covered a bit on auditing. I am going to assume it's a bit more technical than CISA though.

Holy crap. Can't believe I didn't see this reply. Thank you for taking the time to reply. What did you think of the class?
  • Options
    pgupta101pgupta101 Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have done GCCC and looking at CISA material and sample questions, GCCC seems much simpler and technical security related only. CISA is much wider subject. i think GCCC can help, but not much.
  • Options
    scascscasc Member Posts: 461 ■■■■■■■□□□
    CISA goes into auditing from perspective of business processes/strategy/governance/technology/risk etc etc and covers a lot of core audit ground (methodology, sampling, testing controls, deviances from baseline etc etc).

GCCC - covers specifically security controls of SANS top 20 - testing, finding gaps etc - this is limited to this world where as the CISA covers a much broader spectrum.

In industry CISA rules in the auditing world - GCCC is a nice one to have for knowledge if anything so you can apply such knowledge in your audits but its not a deal breaker if you get me.

Dont need GCCC prior to CISA - but would be nice to have just so you can drill down deeper into those security controls when you perform your audits.
    AWS, Azure, GCP, ISC2, GIAC, ISACA, TOGAF, SABSA, EC-Council, Comptia...