Passed Server+ last Saturday

jshealeyjshealey Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
I took and passed the Server+ exam last weekend with an 873/900. It was expecting it to be more difficult than it was considering some of the comments I've seen regarding it. Of course, that may be related to the fact that I tend to use as many different resources as possible when I'm preparing for an exam.

Now to move on to the 70-411 and 70-412 exams to finish my 2012 MCSA. No rest for the weary.

Comments

• shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,003 ■■■■■■■■□□
    great job! CHEERS & HI5!
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP
  • SkottoSkotto Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Are you able to share what resources you used to pass it?
    Skotto wrote: »

More importantly, what I areas I should focus on? I've heard that there are a lot of RAID related questions.
    Forgive me for my selfishness... lol Congratulations!!! :)
  • jshealeyjshealey Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□

My employer pays for a Pluralsight subscription and I have a personal subscription to ITPro.tv. I also read through the Sybex study guide. I also have over a decade's worth of experience in IT so that helped as well.

While I can't give specifics as to the content of the exam, I can say that the percentages listed in the objectives seemed to be accurate.

Just make sure you are comfortable with the concepts listed in the objectives and you should be fine as the questions are all pretty straightforward.
  • jshealeyjshealey Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    More importantly, what I areas I should focus on? I've heard that there are a lot of RAID related questions.

I will say that while I did have some storage questions, I was surprised at the number of power-related questions on the exam.
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!!! icon_cheers.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • mikey88mikey88 Member Posts: 495 ■■■■■■□□□□
    jshealey wrote: »
    My employer pays for a Pluralsight subscription

I just started watching Pluralsight as well. Did you feel that it covered %100 of the objectives?
    Certs: CISSP, CySA+, Security+, Network+ and others | 2019 Goals: Cloud Sec/Scripting/Linux

• KandinskyKandinsky Member Posts: 108 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations. Are there any sims on the exam?
  • bensen408bensen408 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Power as in electrical or as in PowerShell?
  • stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Mine didn't have any PowerShell questions but did have questions on UPS, backup generators, etc. RAID was also a big deal. If you are familiar with the A+ materials I would recommend looking at the server specific areas and doing a deeper dive into those areas (SAN, NAS, RAID, UPS, racks, etc).
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me