Options

NOC/Network Engineer in Orlando, Florida

Jacinto1023Jacinto1023 Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
Anyone have any experience or insight on NOC entry level jobs and also Network Engineer jobs in Orlando Florida?

Looking to make the move down to florida in 2-3years. i will have a Bacherlors in IT Network Admin, A+ N+ Security+ Linux+ Project+ MSCA Server 2012 and CCNA RS by then.

i'm hoping this is all more then enough.

i currently have a Tier 2 network Tech support job.
Bachelor of Science in IT:Security - Western Governors University

Comments

• Options
    kurosaki00kurosaki00 Member Posts: 973
    Not sure what you're asking here.
    Maybe right now there is a Y(h)uge demand of NOC techs in FL, maybe in 2 years it will be game designers.
    Cant foresee how the job scene will be in 2-3 years.
    Do your best, keep climbing the ladder, then move and see how it goes.
    meh
  • Options
    I guess your right, it varies and anything can happen quick in this field.

I'm just hoping having everything i listed can land me a decent $60K+ job in Florida.
  • Options
    sillymcnastysillymcnasty Member Posts: 254 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Certs will get you the interview. Skills will get you the money.
  • Options
    anyone here from Orlando?
  • Options
    skswitchskswitch Member Posts: 50 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Not from Orlando but very near the area. Oddly enough this is my area of work. I believe my last job was doing some back fill of NOC Engineers but it was really more 75% operations / 25% Networking. I do see a lot of cut and paste generic posting for NOC Engineer so be sure its actually responsibilities your wanting and not a gloried title but really your a Restart Engineer.

I seen your from New York? Prepare for a HUGE different in cost of living depending on what you are use to now. Lot of people I worked with in this area are either from NY who moved down or Puerto Rico who moved up lol. Co-worker who was from up north went from 90K+ to mid 50's. But he said it was about the same afterwards.
  • Options
    p@r0tuXusp@r0tuXus Member Posts: 532 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Completed: ITIL-F, A+, S+, CCENT, CCNA R|S
    In Progress: Linux+/LPIC-1, Python, Bash
    Upcoming: eJPT, C|EH, CSA+, CCNA-Sec, PA-ACE
  • Options
    so you would say there are jobs for NOC and Network engineers in florida?

also your coworker, you said it was the same afterwards. do you mean his pay or you mean after calculating the cost of living with his 50k pay in florida?
  • Options
    MontagueVandervortMontagueVandervort Member Posts: 399 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Start doing job searches in the area you're interested in going to. You can also start playing around with salary indicators for those same areas. That should give you at least some idea.
  • Options
    so you would say there are jobs for NOC and Network engineers in florida?

also your coworker, you said it was the same afterwards. do you mean his pay or you mean after calculating the cost of living with his 50k pay in florida?

About the same after calculating cost of living. As the link above shows the huge difference for rent cost.
    Rent Prices in New York, NY are 156.83% higher than in Orlando, FL
  • Options
    Node ManNode Man Member Posts: 668 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I would be temped to check for IT jobs at Disney icon_smile.gif
  • Options
    odysseyeliteodysseyelite Member Posts: 504 ■■■■■□□□□□
    There are four major companies in Orlando: Disney (which is outsourced), Universal, Sea World and Tupperware HQ. They all trade employees. There are smaller companies like law firms and some defense contractor there but these were the major datacenters. You would be better looking at Tampa for more openings in my opinion. I worked in Tampa to 2010, in orlando for one year before heading to Texas.
    Currently reading: Start with Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action
  • Options
    Eston21Eston21 Member Posts: 76 ■■■□□□□□□□
    There are also various cellular companies that have NOCs.
  • Options
    There are four major companies in Orlando: Disney (which is outsourced), Universal, Sea World and Tupperware HQ. They all trade employees. There are smaller companies like law firms and some defense contractor there but these were the major datacenters. You would be better looking at Tampa for more openings in my opinion. I worked in Tampa to 2010, in orlando for one year before heading to Texas.

Wowww that is a pretty quick glaze over for some top defense contractors :D

Lockheed Martin / Northrop Grumman / Boeing / Harris / Thales also NASA / Space X.

I would avoid the theme parks like the plague unless you like the perks that come in it. (Which are getting less and less each year).
  • Options
    Anyone have any experience or insight on NOC entry level jobs and also Network Engineer jobs in Orlando Florida?

Looking to make the move down to florida in 2-3years. i will have a Bacherlors in IT Network Admin, A+ N+ Security+ Linux+ Project+ MSCA Server 2012 and CCNA RS by then.

i'm hoping this is all more then enough.

i currently have a Tier 2 network Tech support job.

Look's like we have similar certs/background. WGU? I don't think you would have an issue with getting a position here.

For ISP there is Centurylink / L3 and Brighthouse that I'm aware of. Or you can look into the companies I listed above for both Network Engineer / NOC type position.

Don't let titles hang you up. A lot of people I work with have different titles across the board but mainly deal with route/switch.