Options

GISP Passed

wolf9081wolf9081 Member Posts: 61 ■■■□□□□□□□
Passed GISP today. Used my index and books a lot more than I had planned and time was getting away from me.
I did the work study back in November and did the On-Demand over the last 4 months.

Definitely miss the old GIAC scoring every 15 questions.

Comments

• Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Congrats on the pass!
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    Jaydel.LeachJaydel.Leach Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on passing your GISP. I had a question about this in relation to CISSP. Was this a test where they allowed you to bring in books? And will this certification be considered stronger than CISSP?
  • Options
    TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    You tell me, a quick search on Indeed for washington DC yields 12 hits with a GISP and 2,600+ hits with a CISSP.
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.
  • Options
    DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    wolf9081wolf9081 Member Posts: 61 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You are able to take your SANS course material into the exam. As others have said, the CISSP is more well known and will help get your resume by the HR department.
  • Options
    Jaydel.LeachJaydel.Leach Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks Wolf9081. I did the indeed search and I see what you guys are talking about.