[ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • Options
    mzx380mzx380 Member Posts: 453 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations Dakinggamer87
    Way to level up on life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Certifications: ITIL, ACA, CCNA, Linux+, VCP-DCV, PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM
    Currently Working On: Microsoft 70-761 (SQL Server)
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    mzx380 wrote: »
    Congratulations Dakinggamer87
    Way to level up on life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks man and the comment is awesome :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    Hey man Ive been following your thread and I also have an associates in Network Administration. Did a good chunk of your credits transfer from your previous college? I am currently in the works in enrolling into WGU but don't know sh@t about it. Any advice?

@IdRatherNot: Yea a good amount of credits transferred from my previous college. It knocked out all my general education except maybe one English course from what I recall. WGU is a non-profit competency based education model for learning. So, in essence you are basically proving what you know and avoiding the obstacles of a traditional university of repeating information. This helps you learn quicker and in the process save a ton of money and time. My advice is that if you are efficient in self-study then you do well in this school. If you need more of a personal touch then a traditional school would be better. It really comes down to how you learn information and process it. Any further questions feel free to PM me.

I just saw your reply in my thread must have missed it hope this helps!! :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    OMNIXOMNIX Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    @dakingamer187 I'm searching for some insight/guidance on MBT2 and MAT2. These are my last two classes then on to my capstone. Do you have any suggestions? These are a bit difficult for me. icon_cry.gif (Not to mention I have 9 wks left in this final term)
  • Options
    OMNIX wrote: »
    @dakingamer187 I'm searching for some insight/guidance on MBT2 and MAT2. These are my last two classes then on to my capstone. Do you have any suggestions? These are a bit difficult for me. icon_cry.gif (Not to mention I have 9 wks left in this final term)

The MAT2 is mostly explaining your numbers. My biggest tip is to not focus too much on exact numbers. MAT2 is looking for you to explain the benefits and cost-benefit analysis. MBT2 is about explaining strategies on a global scale. So, I would consider for those tasks areas such as outsourcing, cross training, and security compliance differences across different regions.

• Options
    dmoneyge3kdmoneyge3k Member Posts: 12 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the huge accomplishment Dakinggamer87!!! I will soon be celebrating with you hopefully!!!! What’s next for you? I have MAT2 and capstone to finish. Any thoughts or tips? Have you considered doing the other MS that WGU offers since half the classes transfer?

Courses-

In Progress-
    -Advanced Networking Technology (Submitted waiting to be graded)
    -Information Technology Management

Remaining to graduate-
    -MS, Information Technology Management Capstone Written Project
    -MS, Information Technology Management Capstone Oral Defense

Complete- JIT2, LYT2, MBT2, FXT2, LZT2, TFT2, MCT2

Started: June/2016; Graduation Goal: June/2017
  • Options
    m y w g um y w g u Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I just applied for the MS IT Management program. icon_cheers.gif
  • Options
    dmoneyge3k wrote: »
    Congrats on the huge accomplishment Dakinggamer87!!! I will soon be celebrating with you hopefully!!!! What’s next for you? I have MAT2 and capstone to finish. Any thoughts or tips? Have you considered doing the other MS that WGU offers since half the classes transfer?

Courses-

In Progress-
    -Advanced Networking Technology (Submitted waiting to be graded)
    -Information Technology Management

Remaining to graduate-

Complete- JIT2, LYT2, MBT2, FXT2, LZT2, TFT2, MCT2

Thanks man feels great to be done!! I did consider it but I think I'm going to pursue other certs instead and do other projects outside of IT such as my missionary work and traveling. The next goals for me are finishing up some AWS training to get the Cloud Solutions Architect then I'm moving into the MCSE. The other reason is I have no student loan debt all paid off!!

As for tips I would say for MAT2 to keep the focus on simplicity. Your numbers don't need to be exact. The key they are looking for is how you explain your management approach and what the numbers represent. As for the Capstone I would say keep the topic broad but simple at the same time. My project involved a network upgrade and printer infrastructure overhaul. The Oral Defense is pretty easy so done sweat that more of a formality.

• Options
    Hey Hey!!!! I am one step closer! MAT2 just passed! I turned all three tasks in within 2 days of each other and they each passed on first try. Watching that queue was nerve racking!!!! Now all I have left is the Capstone. My term ends this month but my mentor said I might be able to get a 30 day extension since I am almost done. Almost at the finish line!!!

Courses-

In Progress-

Complete- JIT2, LYT2, MBT2, FXT2, LZT2, TFT2, MCT2, SJT2, MAT2
  • Options
    @dmoneyge3k: Awesome your almost done!! :)

• Options
    usman4673usman4673 Member Posts: 115
    @Gakinggamer87: Hats off to you! What a personality, what a dedication, and what an achievement! Very happy for you.

I have been away studying. Last year, I was about to kick off my MS in ITM or CIA by Dec 1st, but delayed it until Feb 1st for work reasons. But then decided to go after PMP in Feb this year and finally got it in the pocket a week ago. Currently, taking a short break from studies, really burnt out with ITTOs. I am trying to keep my evenings and weekends free to enjoy summers with kids, helping them grow, teach them somethings about their academics, some about life. I will do some travelling, working on fitness, in short- I want to acknowledge and appreciate every blessing I have. Lol

I wish you nothing but the BEST in future endeavors. Stay in touch, buddy!
  • Options
    usman4673 wrote: »
    @Gakinggamer87: Hats off to you! What a personality, what a dedication, and what an achievement! Very happy for you.

I have been away studying. Last year, I was about to kick off my MS in ITM or CIA by Dec 1st, but delayed it until Feb 1st for work reasons. But then decided to go after PMP in Feb this year and finally got it in the pocket a week ago. Currently, taking a short break from studies, really burnt out with ITTOs. I am trying to keep my evenings and weekends free to enjoy summers with kids, helping them grow, teach them somethings about their academics, some about life. I will do some travelling, working on fitness, in short- I want to acknowledge and appreciate every blessing I have. Lol

I wish you nothing but the BEST in future endeavors. Stay in touch, buddy!

Thank you kind sir for the thoughtful words it is greatly and sincerely appreciated!! I will definitely stay in touch. It sounds like your goals are moving in a great direction and that's fantastic that your keeping that work-life balance it's so important. God bless you and your family in all ways!!

Your words definitely made my day and I'm glad I inspired you in any way possible. :)

• Options
    A great day for team MSITM! I am playing catch up to both GSXR750K2 and Dakinggamer87 but I am almost there! I just turned in my Capstone Task 2 yesterday at noon and to my much surprise it was graded last night and passed! Such a relief and weight off my shoulders! I am still on the 30 day extension they gave me so I didn’t have to pay for a 3rd term. That ends at the end of the month. Now all I have left to do is the Oral Defense. If anyone has any advice for the oral defense please share. Is there a template for the PowerPoint? I am almost there!!! #MSITM2017
    Courses-

In Progress-

Complete- JIT2, LYT2, MBT2, FXT2, LZT2, TFT2, MCT2, SJT2, MAT2, C391

• Options
    disipdisip Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Pming you when I have 10 posts :P
  • Options
    KoloheBoyKoloheBoy Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi All,

I am currently in the SJT2 course any tips? I am a little lost
  • Options
    disip wrote: »
    Congrats! Pming you when I have 10 posts :P