About to prepare for CISSP. Help me please!!! ^^

dlim322dlim322 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey guys!

Recently, I passed my very first cert, Security + CE (4/2017) and also right after that I passed CEH (6, 2017). Now, I have been thinking what cert should I go for next and I have decided to go for CISSP. Here is my biggest concern on where I need to start preparing for this cert. I heard that this is very hard test and I really want to well prepare for this cert. I have 3 years of experience doing Information System Security Analyst.

Here are some of my questions icon_lol.gif;

1. Which book is best way to read currently?
2. Having Sec + and CEH, am I ready for CISSP or should I go for any other certs before CISSP?
3. How long do I need to study and prepare for this exam?

I really do appreciated your help!!! icon_thumright.gif

Thank you!

Comments

• jt2929jt2929 Member Posts: 244 ■■■□□□□□□□
    1. Read the other "I passed the exam" threads to get a feel for what people are reading.
    2. Only you will know when you are ready. Nobody here knows you. Passing other exams does not necessarily mean you are ready for this one.
    3. Until you are ready, see answer 2.
  • kaijukaiju Member Posts: 453 ■■■■■■■□□□
    CISSP Study Guide, Seventh Edition - ISC2 (2015)
    Eleventh Hour CISSP Study Guide- Conrad Eric (2016) - Keypoints for Each CISSP Security Domain

And CCCure.org which is recommended by the first book.

Your ability to retain the information will determine when you are ready. Most people spend about 2 months studying.
    Work smarter NOT harder! Semper Gumby!
  • markulousmarkulous Member Posts: 2,394 ■■■■■■■■□□
    kaiju wrote: »
    CISSP Study Guide, Seventh Edition - ISC2 (2015)
    Eleventh Hour CISSP Study Guide- Conrad Eric (2016) - Keypoints for Each CISSP Security Domain

And CCCure.org which is recommended by the first book.

Your ability to retain the information will determine when you are ready. Most people spend about 2 months studying.
    That's what I'm using. Plus listening to Cybrary during my commute. I've got a Safari account so I may do some more practice tests, but CCCure seems good.
  • anthonxanthonx Member Posts: 109 ■■■□□□□□□□
    markulous wrote: »
    That's what I'm using. Plus listening to Cybrary during my commute. I've got a Safari account so I may do some more practice tests, but CCCure seems good.

I have the Cybrary app but need an internet connection for it to work. Were you able to download the videos? If so, how? I also like the idea of watching the video during commute. Thanks!
    AnthonX
  • markulousmarkulous Member Posts: 2,394 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I just stream them on my phone. They don't take up as much data as you'd think.