Passed Splunk Certified Power User 6.3

Rehana44Rehana44 Member Posts: 30 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi All,

I have just passed Splunk Certified Power User 6.3 exam. This post is intended to know your opinion on this certification. Anyone who has done this certification or intending to take or using splunk platform on daily basis - can you please throw some light on how this certification is rated according to you?

Is it worth mentioning this certification on my linkedin profile?

Thanks and appreciate your response.

Comments

• cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Daily Splunk user here. I took this maybe 1.5-2 years ago. I have it on my LinkedIn profile and certainly serves to attract recruiters looking for Splunk engineers. Unfortunately most of the time they are looking for Splunk admins/architects which is not what I am. Other than that I don't think it has much value. If you search the job board with this term you will most likely get no more than a handful of hits.
  • Rehana44Rehana44 Member Posts: 30 ■■■□□□□□□□
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    Daily Splunk user here. I took this maybe 1.5-2 years ago. I have it on my LinkedIn profile and certainly serves to attract recruiters looking for Splunk engineers. Unfortunately most of the time they are looking for Splunk admins/architects which is not what I am. Other than that I don't think it has much value. If you search the job board with this term you will most likely get no more than a handful of hits.
    May i know how do you apply/use Splunk in daily transactions (one or two applications please)
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    We throw tons of logs at it from different platforms and develop in-house security intelligence. We leverage it for employee investigations, vulnerability management, incident response, threat intel, and many other cases.
  • matt18ematt18e Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I just passed the Splunk Certified Power User exam yesterday as well. My employer paid for all the training, and I never throw away an opportunity for a cert when it is not on my dime...
    Its the same case with me. it is rather an expensive certification and i didnt wanna throw away the opportunity. i dont use Splunk on daily basis and hence this thread to know how this certification can boost up my resume. should i even mention it as part of my signature or not really required :/

matt18e wrote: »
    Congrats! I just passed the Splunk Certified Power User exam yesterday as well. My employer paid for all the training, and I never throw away an opportunity for a cert when it is not on my dime...
  • matt18ematt18e Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I don't use it as part of my signature, but I have it listed on my resume and my LinkedIn profile. I actually got a few job offers because of it. With one of them, I basically explained that I got the certification because my company paid for it, but that I don't actually have any real experience with it. Even knowing that, they offered to send me through the Admin level I and II courses during my onboarding and to pay for the certs as well... apparently Splunk is in demand. It would have been a great job, but it would have been way more travel than I would be willing to do (70 - 80% travel).
  • SplunkFreakSplunkFreak Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am one Lab Exam away from my Splunk Implementation Fundamentals Cert, I passed the Exam part of it yesterday. got my sys admin cert about 1 month ago.