Options

Passed Security+ Exam 19 June 17

dspohnholtzdspohnholtz Registered Users Posts: 7 ■■□□□□□□□□
I passed my Security+ exam this afternoon. I would like to thank everyone here for their insight, most of all Mr. Darrill Gibson. Darrill's Study Guide and GCGA premium were lifesavers! I got an 802 out of 850. Hopefully this will help me transition into an IT role in the Defense industry.

Comments

• Options
    jibtechjibtech Member Posts: 424 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I passed my Security+ exam this afternoon. I would like to thank everyone here for their insight, most of all Mr. Darrill Gibson. Darrill's Study Guide and GCGA premium were lifesavers! I got an 802 out of 850. Hopefully this will help me transition into an IT role in the Defense industry.

There is not enough positive that can be said about Mr. Gibson's guides. They are incredible.
  • Options
    DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    ErindErind Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!!

I got mine on the 12th as an intermission in between the exams of MCSA:2012 and I gotta say it was harder than i thought, kudos for the results
  • Options
    TheRedBar0nTheRedBar0n Member Posts: 60 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Nice score man! Congrats :)

Darril Gibson's resources are invaluable for S+
  • Options
    hal9k2hal9k2 Member Posts: 77 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!

I am also studying from Darril Gibson's book and his premium content.

Could you write if you used some other sources to learn and practice tests?
  • Options
    scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    Darril's was by far, closest to the real exam. measureup was a far second. Also, congratulatons!!!
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • Options
    nisti2nisti2 Member Posts: 503 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations!!
    2020 Year goals:
    Already passed: Oracle Cloud, AZ-900
    Taking AZ-104 in December.

"Certs... is all about IT certs!"
  • Options
    NavyMooseCCNANavyMooseCCNA Member Posts: 544 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!!

'My dear you are ugly, but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly' Winston Churchil

• Options
    marianonamorosomarianonamoroso Member Posts: 48 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    dspohnholtzdspohnholtz Registered Users Posts: 7 ■■□□□□□□□□
    hal9k2 wrote: »
    Congrats!

I am also studying from Darril Gibson's book and his premium content.

Could you write if you used some other sources to learn and practice tests?

Hal9k2,

I primarily used Darril's book and premium content, although I did review a few videos through CBT Nuggets (my company provided me with an account, so I thought I would use it). That said, I would recommend reading the book and getting a general understanding of the material and then tackling the practice exams in his premium content. His explanations on subnetting and the practical exercises were particularly helpful. In the end, it is important to know why the correct answer is correct and why the incorrect answers are incorrect. As long as you nail this concept you will do fine on the exam! Good Luck!
  • Options
    hal9k2hal9k2 Member Posts: 77 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hal9k2,

I primarily used Darril's book and premium content, although I did review a few videos through CBT Nuggets (my company provided me with an account, so I thought I would use it). That said, I would recommend reading the book and getting a general understanding of the material and then tackling the practice exams in his premium content. His explanations on subnetting and the practical exercises were particularly helpful. In the end, it is important to know why the correct answer is correct and why the incorrect answers are incorrect. As long as you nail this concept you will do fine on the exam! Good Luck!

Thanks for the answer.

Did you have questions about subneting, thought it's more like for Network+ exam..?

About CBT they are expensive and I think I'll try just few videos on 7 days free trial.

What's next on your radar :) ?