Excel Formula

Kopite_21Kopite_21 Member Posts: 194 ■■■□□□□□□□
Good Morning Guys,

I was wondering if you could help me with an Excel issue?

I want to create a backup spreadsheet for our backups that run each night. Each day we insert a tape for the backups to run to but I want to record what tape goes in each day and what comes out. So in the spreadsheet i want to put in the word IN and i want that cell to automatically turn to green and once the tape has come out i want to insert the word OUT and the cell to turn red. Then the tapes are taken off each day to offsite storage.icon_rolleyes.gif

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• rob42rob42 Member Posts: 423
    Would a simple 'Conditional Format' not work?

C-F.PNG 24.8K
    No longer an active member
  • PhalanxPhalanx Member Posts: 331 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Conditional Formatting is your friend. :)
    Client & Security: Microsoft 365 Modern Desktop Administrator Associate | MCSE: Mobility
    Server & Networking: MCSA: Windows Server 2016 | MTA: Networking Fundamentals
    Data Privacy & Project/Service Management: PECB GDPR DPO/Practitioner | ITIL 2011: Foundation | CompTIA Project+
    Currently Studying: Microsoft 365 Enterprise Administrator Expert
  • rob42rob42 Member Posts: 423
    Phalanx wrote: »
    Conditional Formatting is your friend. :)
    For sure...

Excel is such a cool app, there's not much that can't be automated. I use it a lot with the likes of VLOOKUP and HLOOKUP as well as Conditional Format, to name but a few functions. I really like using Access as well, although it allows for some 'bad practice' so far as Databases go, but I suppose it was a case of 'Make it as easy to use as possible'. It was a bit of a shock when I learned to use SQL!
    No longer an active member