Has anyone passed MCSA Windows Server 2012 using electives in last 2 months?

ataviusatavius Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi All,
since I am having discussion with MS regarding their removal of option to use one of the electives instead of 70-412 exam in order to acquire MCSA Windows Server 2012 and MS is pretty much stating that this option was removed on end of the March 2017, I would like to ask if anyone here who passed it this way in last two months and would be willing to share their certification transcript so I can force MS to look into this further.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• NetworkingStudentNetworkingStudent Member Posts: 1,407 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I though you could take the 70-409 in place of of the 70-412?
    When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell,
    American inventor
  • ataviusatavius Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I though you could take the 70-409 in place of of the 70-412?
    According to MS from end of March 2017 not anymore, but they never posted it anywhere. Only valid path according to them is to take 70-410, 70-411 and 70-412.

Nevertheless there are people on this forum who stated that they got it using electives just few weeks ago so I am calling them out to share their cert transcript so we can get MS straight on this...
  • NetworkingStudentNetworkingStudent Member Posts: 1,407 ■■■■■■■■□□
    atavius wrote: »
    According to MS from end of March 2017 not anymore, but they never posted it anywhere. Only valid path according to them is to take 70-410, 70-411 and 70-412.

Nevertheless there are people on this forum who stated that they got it using electives just few weeks ago so I am calling them out to share their cert transcript so we can get MS straight on this...

I would talk to Greg...
    In this thread he says he got the MCSA Windows Server 2012 and passed the 70-409.

http://www.techexams.net/forums/mcsa-mcse-windows-2012-general/127337-guess-who-just-joined-mcsa-club-74-409-done.html
    When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell,
    American inventor
  • blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Why don't you send an email to the MCP team at Microsoft and get it straight from the horse's mouth?
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • ataviusatavius Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I would talk to Greg...
    In this thread he says he got the MCSA Windows Server 2012 and passed the 70-409.

http://www.techexams.net/forums/mcsa-mcse-windows-2012-general/127337-guess-who-just-joined-mcsa-club-74-409-done.html
    I already asked him to, but he sent me only screen shot of his cert planner which is useless since it does not contain any dates.
    blargoe wrote: »
    Why don't you send an email to the MCP team at Microsoft and get it straight from the horse's mouth?
    I am talking to them and all they said so far that this was discontinued at the end of March 2017. When I told them that there are people who got it just a few weeks ago this way they asked to provide cert transcript so they could check it...
  • caliostrocaliostro Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    If Microsoft said "this was discontinued at the end of March 2017" - where is the proof? Where the link with this information?