Options

MTA Networking fundamental?

Ryan9764Ryan9764 Member Posts: 88 ■■□□□□□□□□
I got a question about MTA Networking fundamental. Is there a mass differences between Net+, and mta networking? MTA networking is one of the cert I will obtain, while attaining Centriq. Which one is easier? Thanks alot.

Comments

• Options
    FayzFayz Member Posts: 118 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The MTA Networking Fundamentals exam is 50 questions or less. It's not on the level of the Network+ in terms of difficulty or value. It's much easier than the Network + so you should have no issues passing the MTA Networking Fundamentals if you study. With 2 weeks of studying you can pass it with no problems. The thing is that most jobs will look for a candidate with a Network + than an MTA. MTA certifications never expire while with the Network + you must renew every 3 years.
  • Options
    PhalanxPhalanx Member Posts: 331 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I actually took this last month. It's a nice solid foundation level certification to validate what you know before moving into the more serious ones. I'm working towards Network+ after the MTA. It is fully optional though, although I feel better for having it.
    Client & Security: Microsoft 365 Modern Desktop Administrator Associate | MCSE: Mobility
    Server & Networking: MCSA: Windows Server 2016 | MTA: Networking Fundamentals
    Data Privacy & Project/Service Management: PECB GDPR DPO/Practitioner | ITIL 2011: Foundation | CompTIA Project+
    Currently Studying: Microsoft 365 Enterprise Administrator Expert
  • Options
    Ryan9764Ryan9764 Member Posts: 88 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Fayz wrote: »
    The MTA Networking Fundamentals exam is 50 questions or less. It's not on the level of the Network+ in terms of difficulty or value. It's much easier than the Network + so you should have no issues passing the MTA Networking Fundamentals if you study. With 2 weeks of studying you can pass it with no problems. The thing is that most jobs will look for a candidate with a Network + than an MTA. MTA certifications never expire while with the Network + you must renew every 3 years.

Thanks. Since i will be getting my ccent also. I probably won't go for net+. I heard that it kindred pointless to get Net+, if you going for your ccent (eventually ccna.) Alot of HR look for ccent/ccna instead of net+.
  • Options
    hurricane1091hurricane1091 Member Posts: 919 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Passed the MTA after the N+ and did not need to study for it. Not much value to be honest.