Passed SY0-401 Security+ !! Feeling good after long time!!

raviezraviez Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
I passed my Sec + exam on my second attempt. Having work 3 years of experience as a web developer, but no work experience in information security. I really tried hard to get a pass for this exam. It's all about how you understand the question and eliminating wrong answers first, which will help to choose right answers.

I had six performance based question, that was super easy (4 from the book) which gives me some confidant. Some of the questions are too lengthy to read and very few are straightforward questions. Again, it's all about how you understand the concepts.Make a note for concepts that you are not thoroughly understand and keep until you are

Remember, exam has only 90 mintues, it's better to review all attend questions before you submit.I had 72 Questions for this exam.

Materials I used for this exam
Darril's Gibson Book for a year and Get Certified Get Ahead Premium material.
CBT Nuggets Video
Professor Messer Video

Comments

• mauguilarmauguilar Member Posts: 37 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations.....!
  • adrenaline19adrenaline19 Member Posts: 251
    Congrats on the pass!

What will you do next?
  • ice9ice9 Member Posts: 28 ■■■□□□□□□□
    It might only be me, but it appears that at least the last 5-7 people posting
    Passed Security +
    seem to all be set at 72 questions. Is CompTia not getting creative anymore with varying the amount of questions? I know of co-workers that failed with less than 70 questions, obviously believing the odds are stacked against you on fewer questions=higher weighted score per question,
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • IdRatherNotIdRatherNot Member Posts: 10 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Awesome bro, now go celebrate!
  • adrenaline19adrenaline19 Member Posts: 251
    ice9 wrote: »
    It might only be me, but it appears that at least the last 5-7 people posting seem to all be set at 72 questions. Is CompTia not getting creative anymore with varying the amount of questions? I know of co-workers that failed with less than 70 questions, obviously believing the odds are stacked against you on fewer questions=higher weighted score per question,

I had 2 sims and 70 questions.
    You might be right, lol.
  • raviezraviez Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Planning for GIAC and OSCP. But I need to learn more before proceed this certifications.
    Last time, I had 75 questions including four sims questions.
  • Jmann87Jmann87 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I took it and passed on 9/1/17. 72 total questions, 4 of them were performance based
  • MIMEMIME Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I got my cert in November ('16) and must have been one of the unlucky onesicon_sad.gif I had 10 performance based questions roughly 82 total questions. I wound up spending a lot of time on the performance questions and had to rush through the rest of the test. As that was my 2nd attempt I was VERY relieved to have passed.