eJPT ( eLearnSecurity Junior Penetration Tester ) Review

vynxvynx Member Posts: 153 ■■□□□□□□□□
Several weeks ago,

i'm considering trying new job,

which is related with vulnerability assesment and/or pentest,
i dont know how to start or to whom i should ask about that,
after reading some website, syllabus from some training and certification vendor,
i choose eLearnSecurity for 1st step,
i took eJPT ( eLearnSecurity Junior Penetration Tester ) with elite package,
consideration : can download material offline, and you can learn when you not connected to internet ( this is very good especially for someone have limited internet connection )

when i try the course,
its really clear explanation ( even compare with another vendor which also deliver the similar training ) - crystal clear
as long as you have passion and intend to do, you can follow the course
when i try the lab,
its also helping me to understand more the course that delivered by video and pdf.
if you stuck with the lab, you can open the explanation ( pdf and video ) how to make it done :)
around 10 hours i spent my time for labs,i didnt count how long i spent for offline reading and listen, maybe around 20 hours or more, i decide to take exam, and after few hours do the exam, i pass it.
bottom line, if you can follow the course ( online and offline ) also done the lab by yourself at all,
most likely you can pass the exam with a little bit creativity.

generally here is my overview for eJPT:
1. good for someone who interesting to start career or want to learn about vulnerability assesment / pen test in practical
2. the material can help you to learn step by step ( written, video and flash )
3. labs dedicated for you, which is can help you to saving your cost than you need to prepare all infrastructure related.
4. supportive staff that will help you when you have problem related with course
5. 10 CPE
6. certification
7. value for money

note : baseline to take eJPT, at least you know about OS ( Windows, Linux ), some Linux simple scripting, TCP/IP, Networking, also IT Security in beginner level.

i also attach my certification for proof

again, two thumbs up for eJPT which give me foundation for this area :)

Comments

• ITSpectreITSpectre Member Posts: 1,040 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I have a question.
    On the website it says that the eJPT infinity voucher is 200.00. Is that JUST the certification alone or does that include the course AND the certification??? If so then all I need to do is purchase the voucher and the course comes with it??? if not.... what course will I need to pay for Before taking the eJPT....
    In the darkest hour, there is always a way out - Eve ME3 :cool:
    “The measure of an individual can be difficult to discern by actions alone.” – Thane Krios
  • vynxvynx Member Posts: 153 ■■□□□□□□□□
    ITSpectre wrote: »
    I have a question.
    On the website it says that the eJPT infinity voucher is 200.00. Is that JUST the certification alone or does that include the course AND the certification??? If so then all I need to do is purchase the voucher and the course comes with it??? if not.... what course will I need to pay for Before taking the eJPT....

can you share the URL that you mean?

last time i only pay 399 USD for all ( course, lab, exam )

https://www.elearnsecurity.com/course/penetration_testing_student/enroll
    vynx wrote: »
    can you share the URL that you mean?

last time i only pay 399 USD for all ( course, lab, exam )

https://www.elearnsecurity.com/course/penetration_testing_student/enroll

Here is the Link: https://www.elearnsecurity.com/shop/
    “The measure of an individual can be difficult to discern by actions alone.” – Thane Krios
  • p@r0tuXusp@r0tuXus Member Posts: 532 ■■■■□□□□□□
    If you just get the infinity voucher, it is $200. You can buy it independently of the course on their SHOP page. But, if you go through the training, the Elite course includes the Infinity Voucher ($400 for course + voucher). If you want the course at a discount, you can get the barebones first and then they usually give you a $100 discount on the course/voucher purchase. Effectively, you could get the infinity voucher and course for $299, if you do it that way.
    Completed: ITIL-F, A+, S+, CCENT, CCNA R|S
    In Progress: Linux+/LPIC-1, Python, Bash
    Upcoming: eJPT, C|EH, CSA+, CCNA-Sec, PA-ACE

can you give me a screen capture ?
    Here is the screenshot
    Here is the screenshot

you can ask to support at elearnsecurity.com for more detail information
    you can ask to support at elearnsecurity.com for more detail information

Thanks!
    Thanks!

have you get reply from them ?
    Not yet
    Not yet
    hopefully you get answer soon,
    anyway i believe already have comment from p@r0tuXus:
    p@r0tuXus wrote: »
    If you just get the infinity voucher, it is $200. You can buy it independently of the course on their SHOP page. But, if you go through the training, the Elite course includes the Infinity Voucher ($400 for course + voucher). If you want the course at a discount, you can get the barebones first and then they usually give you a $100 discount on the course/voucher purchase. Effectively, you could get the infinity voucher and course for $299, if you do it that way.
  • JensBadaJensBada Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Not yet
    How did you contact us? Our support team cant see any requests from you. Its tough for us sometimes since we don't know who you guys really are in our system with all the fancy usernames here ;)
    Anyway, the answer is already in here, thanks p@r0tuXus

Support (at) elearnsecurity.com is the best way to get replies, we usually answer within max 24-48 hrs. Unfortunately our posts here get deleted sometimes, since providers are officially not allowed to comment on that board (sad, I know).

You can also reach us via the social channels or the live chat on the website.
    Jens
    JensBada wrote: »
    How did you contact us? Our support team cant see any requests from you. Its tough for us sometimes since we don't know who you guys really are in our system with all the fancy usernames here ;)
    Anyway, the answer is already in here, thanks p@r0tuXus

Support (at) elearnsecurity.com is the best way to get replies, we usually answer within max 24-48 hrs. Unfortunately our posts here get deleted sometimes, since providers are officially not allowed to comment on that board (sad, I know).

You can also reach us via the social channels or the live chat on the website.
    Jens

Thanks for the clarification Jens
  • dkorzhevindkorzhevin Member Posts: 50 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'd say that eJPT is very good for start in InfoSec.

Dmitry
    dkorzhevin wrote: »
    I'd say that eJPT is very good for start in InfoSec.

Dmitry

yes i agree with your statement
    seems likely something new will launch from eLearnSecurity.
    keep watching ...
  • mkjoungmkjoung Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the cert! Just a few questions..

1. Did you apply to jobs right after obtaining this cert?
    2. Did this cert help you get interviews or a land a job? If so, what kind of role?
    3. I am trying to apply to security analyst/engineer roles and am wondering if this cert will help. I just recently obtained the Comptia Security+.

Thanks!
  • supasecuritybrosupasecuritybro Member Posts: 206 ■■■■□□□□□□
    mkjoung wrote: »
    Congrats on the cert! Just a few questions..

1. Did you apply to jobs right after obtaining this cert?
    2. Did this cert help you get interviews or a land a job? If so, what kind of role?
    3. I am trying to apply to security analyst/engineer roles and am wondering if this cert will help. I just recently obtained the Comptia Security+.

Thanks!

Hey if you wanna talk about this, please PM me. I can help out with question you have.
    Completed: CISSP, GPEN, GWAPT, CCSA R80, eJPT, CySA+, M.S. Information Security
    Current Goal: CCSE
    Continuous Education Plan:​ AWS-SAA, OSCP, CISM
    Book/CBT/Study Material:​ Max Power
  • GboyegaGboyega Registered Users Posts: 6 ■■□□□□□□□□
    seems likely something new will launch from eLearnSecurity.
    keep watching ...

Hi, would like to ask you some questions about the eJPT, can i PM you?

Thank You
  • GboyegaGboyega Registered Users Posts: 6 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thank You
    Hey if you wanna talk about this, please PM me. I can help out with question you have.

Hi supasecuritybro , would like to ask you some questions about the eJPT, can i PM you?