CISA and CRISC both passed in 17 days

asiru77asiru77 Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi everyone I passed CISA on 2nd August and today's also passed CRISC , thanks everyone for their support on this forum

Comments

• JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Congrats asiru!!! Great job on knocking them out so quickly. Too bad you already have CISM, you were on pace to beat my record of the trio in 43 days icon_thumright.gif
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • asiru77asiru77 Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    JoJoCal19 wrote: »
    Congrats asiru!!! Great job on knocking them out so quickly. Too bad you already have CISM, you were on pace to beat my record of the trio in 43 days icon_thumright.gif

Lol yes unfortunately. Thanks to ISACA exam window
    breaks 🙁
  • OvercomerOvercomer Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi Asiru77 Congratulations!
    I have a question re security+. is it worth taking this certification after passing CISA and CRISC?
    I have a business / accounting background and was drawn to PCI DSS work which led me to PCIP and then to CISA and CRISC and was now considering strengthening the security / technology aspect. will security + be a good certificate for that purpose, if not which certificate will you suggest?

thanks
    Overcomer Security+ is very basic you can try CASP (pure technical) or CISSP (mix of management + technical)
  • 1985jojosa1985jojosa Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Please share preparation plan
  • OvercomerOvercomer Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks Asiru. will research CASP. I don't have enough work experience for CISSP yet.
  • scascscasc Member Posts: 461 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Nicely done - I passed CISM in May, CRISC yesterday - only needed the question and answer book. Took me 3 weeks each time. Best wishes.
    AWS, Azure, GCP, ISC2, GIAC, ISACA, TOGAF, SABSA, EC-Council, Comptia...
  • scascscasc Member Posts: 461 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Get CISSP and become an associate member till you get the experience - you will have 7 years to get the 5 year experience I think. Either way the most marketable certs revolve around isc2, Isaca, sans etc.
    AWS, Azure, GCP, ISC2, GIAC, ISACA, TOGAF, SABSA, EC-Council, Comptia...
    1985jojosa wrote: »
    Please share preparation plan

for which cert ? also i noticed you are ISO 27001LI and i have a confusion about this cert, is this absolutely necessary to take paid training sessions before appearing for this exam ?
  • freddystevefreddysteve Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello asiru77
    I intend to pass CRISC at the end of September 17 and CISM in December 17. Thanks to tell if :
    - QAE database is enough to pass both exams ?
    - For the CRISC, were there questions about Inputs, tools and techniques, Outputs ??

I own following certifications: PMP, CEH v9, ITIL v3 and others about Microsoft and VMware
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Hello asiru77
    I intend to pass CRISC at the end of September 17 and CISM in December 17. Thanks to tell if :
    - For the CRISC, were there questions about Inputs, tools and techniques, Outputs ??

I own following certifications: PMP, CEH v9, ITIL v3 and others about Microsoft and VMware

I used ONLY the QAE DB for all three ISACA certs I just passed.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
    Hello asiru77

totaly depends upon your previous knowledge and experience
    Thanks JoJoCal19 and asiru77. I'll focus on QAE DB and let you know the result at the end of September.
  • woodworkwoodwork Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yes! Thank you JoJoCal19 and asiru77. I am taking the exam in December and will revert back with my experience. I passed CISSP in July so this should be a walk in the park, no? :D

thank you.
    Hello Dear All,

I passed the CRISC yesterday and the preliminary results said I HAVE PASSED. I'll like to share my experience.

I scheduled the exam the first time in September 22, 2017 but I faced Internet issue during the exam so ISACA sent me a mail requesting me to reschedule the exam for the next opened window. I choose to pass the exam in November 17, 2017 and the exam center did all the best to ease my exam conditions. I finally passed the CRISC exam with success.

My prepation was the following:
    - I bought CRISC Manual review, 6th Edition, CRISC Review Questions, Answers and explanation, 4th Edition, CRISC Review Questions, Answers database
    - I read the CRISC Manual review once and spent the rest of time in Questions database until my score was between 98- 100%, trying to understand Questions I failed.
    - It took me 2 months to prepare the exam because of my lack experience in Audit and IT Risk Management.

PS: I never opened the CRISC manual questions, Answers and explanation book.

I confirmed what Asiru77 and JojoCal17 said: the QAE DB is enough to pass the exam.

Thank to those who shared their experience. It was helpful.