LinkedIn viewers

TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
So I've been noticing on LinkedIn that the person that filled my position at my last company has been viewing my profile like once or twice a month. I'm at the point to fire a message and ask, whats the deal? Good idea or not? I left in good terms with the company and a lot of people, except 1 person. Who this new person has to also work with so they might be facing the same issue that I was. Still not sure, should I?

Comments

• PrivacyPrivacy Banned Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Not sure why you would need to ask him what the deal is? If you do not want people looking at you profile putting a profile on a social media platform is probably not the best idea.
  • Danielm7Danielm7 Member Posts: 2,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Privacy wrote: »
    Not sure why you would need to ask him what the deal is? If you do not want people looking at you profile putting a profile on a social media platform is probably not the best idea.
    Coming from a user named Privacy no less! It's true though, you put it out there. Maybe it's weird that they check back, but maybe they want to see what that last job allowed you to do in the future? Either way, messaging them would be even weirder than them checking your profile, just let it go.
  • TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    True points, good advice.
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    I do this every time I start a new job. It helps put a face to the clown who left me such a mess. Haha, just kidding. As said above, reacing out becuaee "why you looking at my profile" is super weird. I wouldn't touch that with a 10 foot pole.
  • mbarrettmbarrett Member Posts: 397 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Who cares who looks at your LinkedIn profile? The concept of tracking linkedIn viewers is a waste of time. If you don't want to share, LinkedIn has various privacy settings.
  • scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    sometimes, it could be they clicked on it by mistake. Is the person gaining information from your profile? Doubt it. move on
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • EnderWigginEnderWiggin Member Posts: 551 ■■■■□□□□□□
    This is why I have privacy mode turned on in my profile, so no one knows how creepy I am. icon_lol.gif
  • Params7Params7 Member Posts: 254
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    I do this every time I start a new job. It helps put a face to the clown who left me such a mess. Haha, just kidding. As said above, reacing out becuaee "why you looking at my profile" is super weird. I wouldn't touch that with a 10 foot pole.

Yeah this. Who cares, let him look.
  • NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I'd think it would a little flattering someone cares so much about what you are doing... But if you want to stop him: https://www.linkedin.com/help/linkedin/answer/47081/blocking-or-unblocking-a-member?lang=en
  • RemedympRemedymp Member Posts: 834 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Well, sometimes people look from their phone or tablet. I know on android, if you close the browser, the next time you open the browser, it picks up the last tab and reopens the site. So, it may look like you were viewed, but it could be a matter of the tab not being properly closed. I really wish Google would fix this issue.
  • techwizardtechwizard Member Posts: 162 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Looking up anyone on a tablet on LinkedIn is kinda messed up. I accidentally clicked "send invite" to a random person the other day. lol.
    "Never give up" ~ Winston Churchill
  • UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    Depends on your LinkedIn profile picture..
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Check out my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/DRJic8vCodE