eCPPT

Captain_DeadpoolCaptain_Deadpool Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
currently studying for eCPPT. Have been about a month or so.. I seem to have pretty good grasp of the material and the labs are awesome. I feel given another month or two and I should be ready to take the exam.

For the eCPPT certified folks:

How long did you prep for the exam? At what point did you know you were ready?

Comments

• jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    OMG, how did you understand the BO stuff? It's killing my progress lol.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Captain_DeadpoolCaptain_Deadpool Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□

LOL

I have a CS background and do testing at my job. Testing for BO's is somewhat part of the gig.

Check out computerphile, awesome intro into BO that compliments eLearn's BO material.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1S0aBV-Waeo
  • UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    It varies..I had to stop studying for it due to life/work circumstances but will go back to it very soon!

I know people who finished it in 3 months and some who took 6-9 months! you feel ready when you can do all the labs confidently, more than once!

Keep us posted :)
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Check out my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/DRJic8vCodE 

• globalenjoiglobalenjoi Member Posts: 104 ■■■□□□□□□□

I'm working my way through the material right now and I had the same problem. Someone else on the forum linked to this, and it helped immensely:
    https://hausec.com/vulnhub-write-ups/*****-2/

It was what I needed to really understand the process.
    Thank you globalenjoi,

The forum blocked it out but it's under *****2
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • globalenjoiglobalenjoi Member Posts: 104 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Woops, didn't notice at first. Replace that part with t r 0 l l-2 minus the spaces and you should be good. It just blocks out that word for some reason...
    All good though.

Thank you for the link again :)
    I'll have to go over it more once I get home. I just wanna understand how this stuff works so I can move on to the labs and then the test.
    Booya!!