Options

CASP help you?

amuricaamurica Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
I was thinking about starting to study for CASP as I work for a contractor and I found out CASP fulfills 8570 IAT III which is better than what I have (IAT II via SEC+ and CCNA). Seems kind of interesting and any type of knowledge is helpful in the long run. But I was also wondering if anyone that passed it felt like it helped them in terms of opening new doors to positions or pumped their pay? Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    DatabaseHeadDatabaseHead Member Posts: 2,753 ■■■■■■■■■■
    You posted this at 2:26 pm according to my time stamp and no responses.

I think the silence speaks volumes.....
  • Options
    fabostrongfabostrong Member Posts: 215 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I feel like you could learn a lot from the CASP. Its a very technical exam. I don't think it'll open a bunch of doors for you though.
  • Options
    mikey88mikey88 Member Posts: 495 ■■■■■■□□□□
    If you are with the DoD and have the option to move up once you get it then it's worth it.
    Certs: CISSP, CySA+, Security+, Network+ and others | 2019 Goals: Cloud Sec/Scripting/Linux

• Options
    yoba222yoba222 Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I once knew some DoD contractors that were tired of failing the CISSP but wanted a raise on their next gig and being IAT-III apparently would give them this, so CASP was their focus.
    A+, Network+, CCNA, LFCS,
    Security+, eJPT, CySA+, PenTest+,
    Cisco CyberOps, GCIH, VHL,
    In progress: OSCP
  • Options
    DatabaseHeadDatabaseHead Member Posts: 2,753 ■■■■■■■■■■
    yoba222 wrote: »
    I once knew some DoD contractors that were tired of failing the CISSP but wanted a raise on their next gig and being IAT-III apparently would give them this, so CASP was their focus.

I like this contractor!!! There are no absolutes!
  • Options
    amuricaamurica Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yeah, it seems not to well received outside the DoD world. Thanks guys for the responses.