Humble Bundle : Hacking Reloaded

Mike7Mike7 Member Posts: 1,107 ■■■■□□□□□□

Comments

• PocketLumberjackPocketLumberjack Member Posts: 162 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I loved this one, with all my bundles I have gotten over the years I could run an IT library!
    Learn some thing new every day, but don’t forget to review things you know.
  • yoba222yoba222 Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Thanks for sharing this. I cheaped out and went for the $1 bundle. icon_lol.gif For my IT library I use and highly recommend Calibre. https://calibre-ebook.com/ There's even an option to spin up a web-server from within Calibre so you can literally host your own IT library on your personal network.
    A+, Network+, CCNA, LFCS,
    Security+, eJPT, CySA+, PenTest+,
    Cisco CyberOps, GCIH, VHL,
    In progress: OSCP
  • fabostrongfabostrong Member Posts: 215 ■■■□□□□□□□
    It's a good deal but it's hard for me to read technical books as an eBook. For technical things, physical books work so much better for me for some reason.
  • phariuspharius Member Posts: 71 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks for this well worth it!
  • IntrusionNewbIntrusionNewb Registered Users Posts: 21 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for posting. Definitely gonna check this out.
  • tedjamestedjames Member Posts: 1,179 ■■■■■■■■□□
    fabostrong wrote: »
    It's a good deal but it's hard for me to read technical books as an eBook. For technical things, physical books work so much better for me for some reason.

Just print the pages that you need and keep them in a binder.
  • Mike7Mike7 Member Posts: 1,107 ■■■■□□□□□□
    fabostrong wrote: »
    Instead of reading ebooks from your PC or mobile, get a good 10" tablet that has Retina display and protect it with good leather case. And pair your tablet with a equivalent size journal/notebook for writing notes. This works very well for me.
  • wd40wd40 Member Posts: 1,017 ■■■■□□□□□□
    yoba222 wrote: »
    Thanks for sharing this. I cheaped out and went for the $1 bundle. icon_lol.gif For my IT library I use and highly recommend Calibre. https://calibre-ebook.com/ There's even an option to spin up a web-server from within Calibre so you can literally host your own IT library on your personal network.
    Thanks for sharing this, very useful.

Thanks Mike7, I will skip this bundle, still planning to read the books I bought in a previous bundle :D .
  • ISACA_your_bloodISACA_your_blood Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The main ones I’d actually read were made available for free online by the authors. The 35% off NonStarch might be useful though.
  • BlucodexBlucodex Member Posts: 430 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Anyone get the latest Cybersecurity Bundle?
  • LeBrokeLeBroke Member Posts: 490 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Biggest issue with ebooks is that you can't use physical bookmarks, have the book open to multiple pages at once, or simply flip until you find the information you need.

UI options to do that are way worse than just doing it with a physical one.