Friend requests

TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
I been getting several friend requests from users with zero posts, has anyone else been seeing the same? I been rejecting them, it's funny you have to post 10 message to send a private email, but you can apparently sent friend requests with no posts.
Still searching for the corner in a round room.

Comments

• jibtechjibtech Member Posts: 424 ■■■■■□□□□□
  • NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Nope, no requests here, nobody wants to be my friend... icon_sad.gif
  • techfiendtechfiend Member Posts: 1,481 ■■■■□□□□□□
    No requests for me but I haven't been active over the past 2 years.
    2018 AWS Solutions Architect - Associate (Apr) 2017 VCAP6-DCV Deploy (Oct) 2016 Storage+ (Jan)
    2015 Start WGU (Feb) Net+ (Feb) Sec+ (Mar) Project+ (Apr) Other WGU (Jun) CCENT (Jul) CCNA (Aug) CCNA Security (Aug) MCP 2012 (Sep) MCSA 2012 (Oct) Linux+ (Nov) Capstone/BS (Nov) VCP6-DCV (Dec) ITILF (Dec)
  • shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Justin wants to be friends - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XwulK424lE

8^D
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP
    TechGromit gets a friend request!

Network Newb gets a friend request!

Everybody gets a friend request!!!!

</Oprah>
  • IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod

I like you! I really really like you!
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
    On a serious note, it's been 8 years since I joined TE and 126 friend requests later. I can honestly say that I don't really understand what it grants someone since they don't really appear to be able to communicate with you easier. Most of my contact with TE friends is through Linkedin, Ryver chatroom, or Twitter.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
  • E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,228 ■■■■■■■■■■

I would send you a BFF request if TE had it. But they don't. So I can't. Sorry buddy.
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    On a serious note, it's been 8 years since I joined TE and 126 friend requests later. I can honestly say that I don't really understand what it grants someone since they don't really appear to be able to communicate with you easier. Most of my contact with TE friends is through Linkedin, Ryver chatroom, or Twitter.

Because I can go see who your friends are, and judge you based on who they are, rather than judging you on the content of your posts.

Eventually factions develop, leading to increased drive by malware.

OMG.

We have eGangs.
    jibtech wrote: »
    Because I can go see who your friends are, and judge you based on who they are, rather than judging you on the content of your posts.

It's like you're in my head.
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
    E Double U wrote: »
    It's like you're in my head.

Also an advantage to friend requests, albeit less publicized....
  • PC509PC509 Member Posts: 804 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I friend people when it's relevant. If you constantly post interesting content or if I find that your posts are informative and relevant to what I'm interested in, I'll friend you. Just so I can follow your posts. I do the same with Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, etc.. I don't like the noise of a million posts, but I do like to hear the opinions or posts of some people.

Maybe they are like Tom from MySpace. Everyone gets to be his friend.

Eventually factions develop, leading to increased drive by malware.

OMG.

We have eGangs.

I can attest that I am gangsta. *rolls up left pant leg*
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
  • TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I don't accept friend requests from people I haven't read there posts, I also do not accept LinkedIn connections unless I worked with, trained with or know from the community. From example I would accept a connection request from Iris, but not some random person that found me via search.
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.
  • stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I can attest that I am gangsta. *rolls up left pant leg*

*Rolls down right pant leg* Oops!
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
    stryder144 wrote: »
    *Rolls down right pant leg* Oops!

At least you had pants on. I have gotten lazy with this unemployed nonsense. /grumble
    At least you had pants on. I have gotten lazy with this unemployed nonsense. /grumble

I'm working from home today so it's more like PJs but close enough to pants to be gangsta. Deal wit' it, bro.

k4ti3's bAdA$$ $iT3
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    I'm working from home today so it's more like PJs but close enough to pants to be gangsta. Deal wit' it, bro.

k4ti3's bAdA$$ $iT3

I can't even articulate anything after clicking on that link...lol
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Ha! My youngest had a bunch of friends stay the night last night. My last thought before going to sleep was "remember to put pants on before walking to your office tomorrow".

stryder144 wrote: »
    I can't even articulate anything after clicking on that link...lol

My gangsta-ness is legendary on Geocities.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
  • joshuamurphy75joshuamurphy75 Member Posts: 162 ■■■□□□□□□□
    What is that page? It's more offensive than downloading malware, although the source code looks cleaner than most myspace pages did.
  • scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    no one wants to be my friend either...icon_cool.gif
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • yoba222yoba222 Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■■■■■□□
    It's a leftover remnant from when vBulletin was developing new functionality. It's been stagnant since 2009 or so when nearly all the original developers left. The friend functionality probably made more sense back at a time before even Facebook's rapid rise to popularity.
    A+, Network+, CCNA, LFCS,
    Security+, eJPT, CySA+, PenTest+,
    Cisco CyberOps, GCIH, VHL,
    In progress: OSCP
    TechGromit wrote: »
    From example I would accept a connection request from Iris, .

Wouldn't we all icon_lol.gif
    For you losers with no friends, I'll accept a friend request if you send me the invite. Purely out of pity.

For those I offend with my offbeat sense of humor, I would gladly accept an adversary request. Until TE adds a foe feature we could just maintain an enemies list in our signatures.

I can't believe I'm still in this thread instead of helping some TE noob with his **** request.
    All friend requests come with a tshirt of me and my cats
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Autographed?
    only if you present at an event with 100s of people like a certain someone...

https://twitter.com/AaronWoland/status/905769569909866496

we have a lot of shenanigans at work...
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    I would like to wear it to Oktoberfest icon_thumright.gif