Building Small Cisco Business Network For Client

jah8887jah8887 Member Posts: 81 ■■■□□□□□□□
I have a client whos asked me to build a small Cisco network. Budget is 15k max. I gave a recommendation on an asa and a router but they said its too high for them cost wise. I have been looking into maybe a firewall/router combo for them then to cut down on costs. Anyone have recommendations? I am basing it on a 1Gbps network and they have a static IP from Comcast which I will be putting the Comcast router in bridge mode once we get an ASA or combo. The kicker is I have to meet NIST 800-171 Standards and ISO 27001 and ISO 20001 standards for an audit.

Definitely need a firewall,IPS,IDS and encryption if i read the document right

I am still looking for other options to help save them money but still meet requirements. I cant seem to find a good deal on a UTM or Combo router/firewall.
They will be storing data on a server which they ordered

There is 2 POE WAPS which they ordered

I have a 24 Port Switch for wired connections which they ordered

This was the ASA I had recommended but is too expensive

https://www.cdw.com/shop/products/Cisco-ASA-5525-X-Firewall-Edition-Security-Appliance/2635615.aspx?cm_cat=Transactional&cm_ite=SPS_Quote_Confirm-_-Body-_-Browse_Products-_-SpsQuoteConfirmation&cm_pla=EMTRAN046adu0000P0000&cm_ven=Email&etsi=11720788&etsu=25441957

This was the router I recommended but is too expensive

https://www.cdw.com/shop/products/Cisco-ISR-4431-Rack-Mountable-Router/3533426.aspx?cm_cat=Transactional&cm_ite=SPS_Quote_Confirm-_-Body-_-Browse_Products-_-SpsQuoteConfirmation&cm_pla=EMTRAN046adu0000P0000&cm_ven=Email&etsi=11720788&etsu=25441957

Thanks for any recommendations

Comments

• jah8887jah8887 Member Posts: 81 ■■■□□□□□□□
    One other thing is,
    They will only have this one server, no webservers
    there is no need for vpn access etc
    no virtualization will be done
    It needs Advanced Malware protection also
  • bhcs2014bhcs2014 Member Posts: 103
    Have you looked at the datasheets for ASAs? Do you need that much throughput? We have 5506s supporting multiple ipsec tunnels and up to 200 users like champs.
  • Welly_59Welly_59 Member Posts: 431
    What about one of the fortigate devices? I'm not sure how big this site is going to be as you haven't specified users etc but you can get a fortiwifi for around $3000 with 3 years support. Combines router/firewall/wap in one with utm/ids etc
  • --chris----chris-- Member Posts: 1,518 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Welly_59 wrote: »
    What about one of the fortigate devices? I'm not sure how big this site is going to be as you haven't specified users etc but you can get a fortiwifi for around $3000 with 3 years support. Combines router/firewall/wap in one with utm/ids etc

+1 to this. Effective and their support is great.
  • jah8887jah8887 Member Posts: 81 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Total number of users probably will be 20 at the most. I did see Fortinet but, I never dealt with that brand before which is why I was kinda hesitant in recommending them. I will go ahead and recommend them since I have 2 recommendations, for that brand. The goal I set myself was to help reduce cost in creating it but, still giving them potential expansion increase down the road. Thanks for that recommendation!
  • 2URGSE2URGSE Member Posts: 220 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Ubiquiti Networks make pretty good equipment, check them out.

I have their Gateway, 24 PoE switch and wireless in my house and pretty happy with them. The equipment has many configuration options built in including VLAN's, Firewall and VPN capabilities. The wireless works quite well.
    A+
    Network+
    CCENT (formally CCNA certified)
    ICE (Imprivata Certified Engineer)
  • Fulcrum45Fulcrum45 Member Posts: 621 ■■■■■□□□□□
    --chris-- wrote: »
    +1 to this. Effective and their support is great.

I've used Fortigates for years for those reasons. Plus they're pretty easy to set up. Cisco makes good stuff but it's the licensing that gets to me- unless it's a Meraki device.