GCIH Exam

credogcredog Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
I took the 504 class in July of 2016 and have the materials provided. I was thinking about taking the the GCIH, but was curious if anyone had any insight if the course material from July 2016 would be relevant enough to use for the certification attempt. I contacted the instructor that taught the course and he did say that it had changed some, but wasn't sure how much.

Probably a tough question to answer, but thought it was worth seeing if anyone had any insight.

Comments

• TechGuru80TechGuru80 Member Posts: 1,539 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Do you have an index already? You can take a practice exam and see how it lines up.

https://www.giac.org/exams/preparation#practice
  • TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    2016 material should be good enough to pass the exam, but if you want, you can always buy a practice exam for $149 to see if the materials you have are current enough. I'd do some studying first and build a good index before attempting the practice exam to get a good read on how your material is. It's a lot of work just to take a practice test, but unless you have money to burn, you want to make sure you can pass the exam before blowing $1,500+ on a exam attempt.
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.
  • credogcredog Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I don't have a index prepared yet, but doing one to review the material seems like a good idea anyway. Thanks for the suggestions.
  • quogue66quogue66 Member Posts: 193 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The exam you take will be aligned with the course you took. If you took the course last year the GCIH will be from last year also.
  • TechGuru80TechGuru80 Member Posts: 1,539 ■■■■■■□□□□
    quogue66 wrote: »
    The exam you take will be aligned with the course you took. If you took the course last year the GCIH will be from last year also.
    Not entirely accurate...for sure when you sign up for the course with certification attempt, you get up to a year if you keep extending to take the exam. This means if you are outside of the year you would be subject to the newest version...also it’s unclear what happens if you are inside a year and then purchase an attempt separately, which version it would be based on but the versions won’t be that different in this case.
  • quogue66quogue66 Member Posts: 193 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Oh, thanks for clarifying and sorry for posting the wrong info.