Attending GSLC (512) - London next year

scascscasc Member Posts: 461 ■■■■■■■□□□
Dear all,

Have applied for the work study programme to attend the above course. Has anyone completed this? Feedback/thoughts? Any prep work prior to attending?

My own career path senior management level - have the usual suspects (CISSP/CISM/CRISC/GSNA etc).

Best regards
AWS, Azure, GCP, ISC2, GIAC, ISACA, TOGAF, SABSA, EC-Council, Comptia...

Comments

• hilldhilld Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    That course is pretty much self contained. When I took it 2 years, there wasn't a laptop requirement (no labs), however, the current version has some labs. It is a worthwhile course.
  • scascscasc Member Posts: 461 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Thanks for the feedback - am hoping it gives me a nice technical overview of security management - other certs have covered the governance, risk and compliance areas quite nicely.

The SANS page says no laptop required still - do you know what the labs entail? Appreciate you did this a couple years ago.

Thanks
    Yes I know what the labs are but I am under NDA so I cannot disclose. I also don't know when the new version of the class is going live, so it is certainly possible that you will still have the old version. Sans updates their courses at least once a year to keep them current and relevant, sometimes more frequently depending on the subject matter. I am involved in QA'ing some of the new classes.
    No worries totally understand. Do you think is definely worth doing? I've noticed you have GCCC - how is that - are there hands on labs in that too?

Best wishes
    scasc wrote: »
    No worries totally understand. Do you think is definely worth doing? I've noticed you have GCCC - how is that - are there hands on labs in that too?

Best wishes

I took the SEC 566 course about a year ago, I don't recall any labs in that course, but I have heard that this is changing. The course is outstanding, highly recommended.
    Thanks for the feedback. Hopefully will get accepted on work/study in Feb for 512 then lets see what happens. That's what I like about SANS - real core security where you can apply what you learn.