PMP on Nov 30th. Nervous as Hell!

TheProfezzorTheProfezzor Member Posts: 204 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hello guys,

I have scheduled my PMP for Nov 30th. Nervous as hell. Any last minute suggestions?
OSCP: Loading . . .

Comments

• mzx380mzx380 Member Posts: 453 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You've got time, skim through the PMBOK again and then get your hands on as much Q&A as possible
    Certifications: ITIL, ACA, CCNA, Linux+, VCP-DCV, PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM
    Currently Working On: Microsoft 70-761 (SQL Server)
  • dizzy_kittydizzy_kitty Member Posts: 95 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You'll do well if you know all the processes. Once your time starts for the exam I would write out all the processes the way it appears in a chart. Also what really helped was writing out the question number and options:

1. A
    B
    C
    D
    E

It'll help alleviate splitting your mind with trying to go through the answers and trying to remember which ones you think aren't the answer (cross out the letter corresponding to the "wrong" answer). You don't have to do it with all of the questions, maybe the wordy longer ones or any with options that appear very similar. Just a tip that helped me greatly. Also, take a moment to close your eyes and breathe if you feel overwhelmed. Then get back to it!
  • datacombossdatacomboss Member Posts: 304 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hello guys,

I have scheduled my PMP for Nov 30th. Nervous as hell. Any last minute suggestions?

I used the PMP Exam Simulator. https://www.project-management-prepcast.com/pmp-exam/the-pmp-exam-simulator/order-pmp-simulator
    "If I were to say, 'God, why me?' about the bad things, then I should have said, 'God, why me?' about the good things that happened in my life."

Arthur Ashe

Don't mean to hijack the thread but quick question. How does ACP compare to PMP? My position at work revolves around agile and I'm taking a graduate course that is aimed to take the exam but I still don't know if thats enough...
    Don't mean to hijack the thread but quick question. How does ACP compare to PMP? My position at work revolves around agile and I'm taking a graduate course that is aimed to take the exam but I still don't know if thats enough...

I found it to be easier than the PMP being that it is only 120 questions and there aren't a bunch of ITTOs.

I used the RMC PMI-ACP Exam Prep system which more than prepared me for the exam.
    PMI-ACP Exam Prep System, Second Edition
    "If I were to say, 'God, why me?' about the bad things, then I should have said, 'God, why me?' about the good things that happened in my life."

Arthur Ashe

• TheProfezzorTheProfezzor Member Posts: 204 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You'll do well if you know all the processes. Once your time starts for the exam I would write out all the processes the way it appears in a chart. Also what really helped was writing out the question number and options:

1. A
    B
    C
    D
    E

It'll help alleviate splitting your mind with trying to go through the answers and trying to remember which ones you think aren't the answer (cross out the letter corresponding to the "wrong" answer). You don't have to do it with all of the questions, maybe the wordy longer ones or any with options that appear very similar. Just a tip that helped me greatly. Also, take a moment to close your eyes and breathe if you feel overwhelmed. Then get back to it!

I don't think they allow you to **** data as soon as the exam begins. They used to do it but aren't doing anymore.

Care to give some insight on why you picked this simulator as opposed to RMC? Is it available on mobile device?
    I don't think they allow you to **** data as soon as the exam begins. They used to do it but aren't doing anymore.

I took my PMP exam in May 2017 and was able to. I'm not sure if they've changed that since then. I hope they didn't. It really helped to have a visual of the chart.
    I found it to be easier than the PMP being that it is only 120 questions and there aren't a bunch of ITTOs.

I used the RMC PMI-ACP Exam Prep system which more than prepared me for the exam.
    PMI-ACP Exam Prep System, Second Edition

Thanks! That is one of my "textbooks" for my class. I really like it. Very easy to read :)
  • TechGuru80TechGuru80 Member Posts: 1,539 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Do you get scratch paper? I don't see how it could be enforced that you can't just write whatever you want on the paper.
    TechGuru80 wrote: »
    Do you get scratch paper? I don't see how it could be enforced that you can't just write whatever you want on the paper.

I received scratch paper and two pencils without asking for it.
    mzx380 wrote: »
    Care to give some insight on why you picked this simulator as opposed to RMC? Is it available on mobile device?
    Based on Edward Chung's review I decided to try it and it was harder than the actual PMP exam IMO.

His site in general is the best PMP/PMI-ACP resource I've seen.

Arthur Ashe

Based on Edward Chung's review I decided to try it and it was harder than the actual PMP exam IMO.

His site in general is the best PMP/PMI-ACP resource I've seen.

Thanks for the advice datacomboss
    I'm really having a tough time deciding what simulator to use.
  • CryptoQueCryptoQue Member Posts: 204 ■■■□□□□□□□
    It's unfortunately that they stopped allowing you to do a brain **** before the exam starts. I found out the morning of my exam and was told that I would have to forfeit my test if I wrote down anything prior to starting the first question. I did my brain **** on the scratch paper after the official exam clock started which took about 15 minutes. Good luck to everyone getting prepared to take the exam. For anyone that hasn't scheduled your exam, please remember the new version (PMBOK 6th edition) goes into effect on March 26, 2018.
  • TheProfezzorTheProfezzor Member Posts: 204 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I passed with flying colors. Pretty pumped up. Now going after PgMP and PMI-ACP

Congratulations on the pass
    If you could elaborate on your strategy that would be great
  • TechGuru80TechGuru80 Member Posts: 1,539 ■■■■■■□□□□
    CryptoQue wrote: »
    It's unfortunately that they stopped allowing you to do a brain **** before the exam starts.
    That’s pretty standard that you have to wait for the clock to start...I was thinking we were talking during the exam after starting. If that wasn’t the case then the total exam time wouldn’t be consistent for everybody.
  • sameojsameoj Member Posts: 366 ■■■□□□□□□□

Congrats.
  • Hype81Hype81 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi Datacomb. Did you only use this particular simulator to prepare for the exam? Thank you!
  • Hype81Hype81 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hype81 wrote: »
    Hi Datacomb. Did you only use this particular simulator to prepare for the exam? Thank you!
    hype81

There is no way to pass the PMP exam by just doing Q&A, regardless of the sim

My current strategy
    Read PMBOK
    Read PMP guide by RMC x2
    Use simulator to do QA
  • nisti2nisti2 Member Posts: 503 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations! :)
    2020 Year goals:
    Already passed: Oracle Cloud, AZ-900
    Taking AZ-104 in December.

"Certs... is all about IT certs!"
    mzx380 wrote: »
    Thanks for the advice datacomboss
    I'm really having a tough time deciding what simulator to use.

Hi Datacomboss
    I went ahead and purchased the simulator you used to help me prepare for my pending exam. If you could give me some insight as to what you included on your brain **** before you started the test, I'd appreciate it.