Network performance monitoring

saddayzsaddayz Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
There're some options like: perSONAR, OWAMP, Netnorad?. About the last one - it's a tool that was created by Facebook engineering to monitor their DC. The best thing about Netnorad is that the tool is able to randomize source port numbers, so the polarization problems wont occur. Dont know if perSONAR or OWAMP could to that. The downside of Netnorad is that it's just source code, or something like that - you need to to additional programing job to run it.

Maybe you guys have some recomendations of network performance monitoring ? Some othertools? Or some existing ones?
Thanks

Comments

• TSaLTSaL Member Posts: 38 ■■■□□□□□□□
    SolarWinds Orion is pretty solid (just don't give out your real email address, they won't leave you alone)
    NetScout
    Statseeker
    Nagios (open source and widely used)
  • jdancerjdancer Member Posts: 482 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • saddayzsaddayz Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello, maybe i've described not correctly enough.

What i need is not network monitoring system. I need Network performance tester for end-to-end network measurements. Something like perfSonar, or Netnorad. Have you any recommendations. The prerequisite is that the software would be able to randomize source ports to avoid loadbalancing-polarziation poblem where all traffic goes through one link.
  • ErtazErtaz Member Posts: 934 ■■■■■□□□□□
    saddayz wrote: »
    Hello, maybe i've described not correctly enough.

What i need is not network monitoring system. I need Network performance tester for end-to-end network measurements. Something like perfSonar, or Netnorad. Have you any recommendations. The prerequisite is that the software would be able to randomize source ports to avoid loadbalancing-polarziation poblem where all traffic goes through one link.

So you're saying that Jperf is not what you want ;)