CCNP OCG book

Cat5Cat5 Member Posts: 297 ■■■□□□□□□□
I've been studying the 642-813 SWITCH book, simply because I already have it and can't afford the newer one right now (medical bills). Would this get my by for the test, and I could just pick up the newer material to study online? Or are the differences between the current and previous books too great? Or - would I be better off studying different material altogether? I hear these OCG books for some tests don't really cover the test material too well.

Comments

• Cisco InfernoCisco Inferno Member Posts: 1,034 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Id say get the new book.

Thinks like PACLs and VACLs are gone I think, Wireless, Voice and a few others.
    2019 Goals
    CompTIA Linux+
    [ ] Bachelor's Degree
  • Legacy UserLegacy User Unregistered / Not Logged In Posts: 0 ■□□□□□□□□□
    vacl's still in it
    dmarcisco wrote: »
    vacl's still in it

well anyways, I dont see it under the blueprints like the older switch exam did.
    I guess it falls under a more general "port security" that i see in this new one? objective 2.1d? Or maybe thats just mac whitelisting.

I know theres no CBT nuggets video for it, but if I browse the older exam, there are videos on it.

I know its in Bryants current book though, so you could be right.

I also have the Cisco Premium Labs for Switch right now and could not find anything related to VACLS/PACLS.
    2019 Goals
    CompTIA Linux+
    [ ] Bachelor's Degree
  • Legacy UserLegacy User Unregistered / Not Logged In Posts: 0 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yea the blueprint missed a few topics. Did you look at the OCG or FLG? It goes over additional stuff not mentioned in the blueprint. The way I see it if its mentioned its probably because they know something.
    dmarcisco wrote: »
    Yea the blueprint missed a few topics. Did you look at the OCG or FLG? It goes over additional stuff not mentioned in the blueprint. The way I see it if its mentioned its probably because they know something.

I actually only have the Bryant book so I also thought it was worth knowing. I know in the older switch CBT nuggets video, Jeremy even said that no one really uses VACLs but we have to learn it for the exam.

I agree the current blueprint is too short, and with that comes alot of questions.

Sadly, my university's curriculum still follows the old one with voice and wifi being on it. So I had to learn and write about VACLs. not bad.
    2019 Goals
    CompTIA Linux+
    [ ] Bachelor's Degree