Options

Passed CISM Today!

lwhite81lwhite81 Member Posts: 26 ■■■□□□□□□□
Firstly, many thanks for this forum. Helps to know there is support especially when we have similar questions and concerns.
Secondly, yes I passed (provisionally as it says). I used the following resources:
  • ISACA QAE db of questions - Hit them hard over several months. There are 1001 questions of which I had a total of 2768 attempts, which is overkill. Wanted to see all questions and understand why I missed each. I used the ISACA Manual very very little, only used the index to look up specific concepts where I had large gaps.
  • Notes - Created my own set of notes with concepts, terms, etc. as the Glossary is very limited.
  • Cybrary - Used the Cybrary (went through twice, auditory while running, then this weekend, went through them all again with the PowerPoint notes). Kelly H. really drills in the overall concepts and pivots thinking (used her videos for CISSP as well).
  • ISACA Community - Used a small bit when the had CISM questions and explanations (you can sign up for one per day).
I'm not a visual learner so it's a longer process for me. I have to really KNOW information before I feel confident. I'm not a good guesser. Do not underestimate this exam, in my opinion, takes practice to think like ISACA and read the questions as they were intended.
Hope this helps others!

Comments

• Options
    KyrakKyrak Member Posts: 143 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    Up next: On Break, but then maybe CCNA DC, CCNP DC, CISM, AWS SysOps Administrator
  • Options
    za3bourza3bour Member Posts: 1,062 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations
  • Options
    mattster79mattster79 Member Posts: 135 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Awesome, well done
    CISSP
    CISM
  • Options
    averageguy72averageguy72 Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    CISSP / CCSP / CCSK / CRISC / CISM / CISA / CASP / Security+ / Network+ / A+ / CEH / eNDP / AWS Certified Advanced Networking - Specialty / AWS Certified Security - Specialty / AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional / AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate / AWS Certified Developer - Associate / AWS Cloud Practitioner
  • Options
    Info_Sec_WannabeInfo_Sec_Wannabe Member Posts: 428 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Great job! icon_thumright.gif
    X year plan: (20XX) OSCP [ ], CCSP [ ]
  • Options
    neleshbneleshb Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Does any questions from the QAE database come out in the exam?
  • Options
    neleshb wrote: »
    Does any questions from the QAE database come out in the exam?

Not sure if this is a serious question, but I’ll answer anyway.......no!!!
    CISSP
    CISM
  • Options
    And congrats on the pass 👍
    CISSP
    CISM
  • Options
    neleshbneleshb Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Passed my CISM exam today, I found the questions in the exam a total opposite to what was in the QaE DB book
  • Options
    ay092017ay092017 Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!