Options

CISM Application

monsijmonsij Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi.

I just passed CISM exam today. Yet to receive the official score. Can I submit the application right now or I have to wait for official score? Can the application form be hand written? If my ex colleague is verifying my job experience, does he need to tick only point 2 and 4 in page V1? Appreciate your feedback. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Hi

Appreciate if anybody could advise on this. Thanks
  • Options
    mattster79mattster79 Member Posts: 135 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Give ISACA a call, or send them an email. They are pretty good for responding quickly.

I’d imagine you’d have to wait for the final score though....I could be wrong.

No issues hand writing the application form. That’s what I did!
    CISSP
    CISM
  • Options
    E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,229 ■■■■■■■■■■
    You can submit the application now, but of course it will be on hold until your official score is posted.
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • Options
    za3bourza3bour Member Posts: 1,062 ■■■■□□□□□□
    mattster79 wrote: »
    Give ISACA a call, or send them an email. They are pretty good for responding quickly.

I’d imagine you’d have to wait for the final score though....I could be wrong.

No issues hand writing the application form. That’s what I did!

Is there another way other than hand writing? I recieved the application and it's not a fallible form.
  • Options
    averageguy72averageguy72 Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I edited the PDF to enter my information so that it's legible instead of handwriting it, then printed it out and signed it. It isn't perfect but as least I could fit everything in the tables, etc... compared to handwriting it.

They had an online form for the <= 2016 version but none that I could find for the >= 2017 version. Since I just sent it in this past week, I'll find out soon enough if they're going to accept it
    CISSP / CCSP / CCSK / CRISC / CISM / CISA / CASP / Security+ / Network+ / A+ / CEH / eNDP / AWS Certified Advanced Networking - Specialty / AWS Certified Security - Specialty / AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional / AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate / AWS Certified Developer - Associate / AWS Cloud Practitioner
  • Options
    kaijukaiju Member Posts: 453 ■■■■■■■□□□
    If you are using ADOBE Reader Dc just chose "Fill & Sign" mode on the right side of the PDF. You can also sign it without printing by using the sign function while you are in that mode.
    Work smarter NOT harder! Semper Gumby!
  • Options
    Hi.

Thanks all for your response. There seems an online application version where you can fill and print, but can not save. Here is the link: | CISM Certification - Online Application.

Btw, any idea what is CISM exam ID? I can't find any such thing.

Regards
  • Options
    monsij wrote: »
    Hi.

Thanks all for your response. There seems an online application version where you can fill and print, but can not save. Here is the link: | CISM Certification - Online Application.

Regards

Thanks a lot this is excellent. You can find the exam ID in the results letter, go to ISACA - My Certification
  • Options
    monsij wrote: »
    Hi.

Regards

After looking at this again I think this application is only for those who passed the exam before Dec 2016 (which doesn't apply to me) unfortunately it seems they dont have a fallible form for the new ones. I will send them an email and ask
  • Options
    edwincismedwincism Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi,

Read the conversation, but there is no clear information of CISM Exam ID. Is the Exam ID is the word CISM?
  • Options
    The Exam ID (which seems to be a 2-digit year plus Isaca ID) will be in the subject line of the official pass notification email.
  • Options
    wayne_wonderwayne_wonder Member Posts: 215 ■■■□□□□□□□
    A bit off topic did you all become members or just do the exam without the membership?
  • Options
    I became an Isaca member so that I could get discounts on fees and for access to free CPE.
  • Options
    Info_Sec_WannabeInfo_Sec_Wannabe Member Posts: 428 ■■■■□□□□□□
    A bit off topic did you all become members or just do the exam without the membership?

If you have plans on taking another ISACA exam, I suggest you become a member because the discount on the exam fee, free CPEs and other materials outweighs the cost. In my case, as I will soon have 3 ISACA certs, the discount from the certification renewal justifies the membership cost.
    X year plan: (20XX) OSCP [ ], CCSP [ ]
  • Options
    wayne_wonderwayne_wonder Member Posts: 215 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If you have plans on taking another ISACA exam, I suggest you become a member because the discount on the exam fee, free CPEs and other materials outweighs the cost. In my case, as I will soon have 3 ISACA certs, the discount from the certification renewal justifies the membership cost.

I think I’d only do the cism and maybe crisc but since it’s out of my own pocket I might just do one