CRISC Certification Timeline

cisagurucisaguru Member Posts: 24 ■■■□□□□□□□
Any idea how long it takes for ISACA to complete their initial review and move the application along?

My CISA application initial review was completed within an hour of my submission through email. About three days later it was final reviewed. But CRISC status hasnt changed since 08-Jan - the date i submitted my form.

Comments

• mattster79mattster79 Member Posts: 135 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Apparently ISACA have a significant backlog of applications at the moment. I’d imagine you’ll be looking at the full 3 weeks.
    CISSP
    CISM
  • cisagurucisaguru Member Posts: 24 ■■■□□□□□□□
    mattster79 wrote: »
    Apparently ISACA have a significant backlog of applications at the moment. I’d imagine you’ll be looking at the full 3 weeks.

Wasnt aware of the significant backlog. 3 weeks it is then...Thanks mattster79.
  • jumblerrjumblerr Member Posts: 101 ■■■□□□□□□□
    mattster79 wrote: »

I'm awaiting CISA and CGEIT. I received an email saying they were completely backlogged and are trying to review in the next 3-5 days. I submitted both on 1/3 and haven't even gotten an initial review done. So hang in there.
  • STEMGirlSTEMGirl Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I cleared the CRISC exam on 12/18/17. I submitted my application on 12/28/17 (the day I received my official score from ISACA). I too am still waiting for application approval. I was also told about the backlog, and I was also told 3 weeks. So, any day now . . . As they say, patience is a virtue!icon_lol.gif
    STEMGirl wrote: »
    I cleared the CRISC exam on 12/18/17. I submitted my application on 12/28/17 (the day I received my official score from ISACA). I too am still waiting for application approval. I was also told about the backlog, and I was also told 3 weeks. So, any day now . . . As they say, patience is a virtue!icon_lol.gif

Thank you STEMGirl and good Luck.
    Update: I received an email from ISACA today. My CRISC application has passed the first review, and is now pending the second/final review. ISACA again reiterated the heavy volume/backlog, and apologized for the delay. One step closer!icon_wink.gif
  • za3bourza3bour Member Posts: 1,062 ■■■■□□□□□□
    It means they need to hire more people, they charge a lot of money for the certificate and 3 weeks seems a very long time to me.
  • Info_Sec_WannabeInfo_Sec_Wannabe Member Posts: 428 ■■■■□□□□□□
    za3bour wrote: »
    It means they need to hire more people, they charge a lot of money for the certificate and 3 weeks seems a very long time to me.

Agreed!
    X year plan: (20XX) OSCP [ ], CCSP [ ]
  • TechGuru80TechGuru80 Member Posts: 1,539 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Not really...CISSP takes a month or more. I am pretty sure when I took the CISA it said up to 14 days not 3 weeks but as said in a lot of other threads, ISACA seems to process in batches so some people get certified same day and some take the full amount of time. I wouldn't really stress about it unless you specifically need the certification for a job (probably not that likely with the CRISC). Also, OP submitted on the 8th and posted this on the 11th...I wouldn't be surprised if you hear back next week...patience is a good quality.
    TechGuru80 wrote: »
    Not really...CISSP takes a month or more. I am pretty sure when I took the CISA it said up to 14 days not 3 weeks but as said in a lot of other threads, ISACA seems to process in batches so some people get certified same day and some take the full amount of time. I wouldn't really stress about it unless you specifically need the certification for a job (probably not that likely with the CRISC). Also, OP submitted on the 8th and posted this on the 11th...I wouldn't be surprised if you hear back next week...patience is a good quality.

for comparison, When I submitted for CRISC in Oct, the entire time from application submission to certification was 5 working days. I then submitted CISM on Dec 15 and it took 5 working days. So I do think they are having production issues even with the new year
    TechGuru80 wrote: »

But if other institutes are late as well that doesn't mean it's the right thing to do. The fact that some get certified in less amount of time makes this worst for me. I'm not only angry because they take a lot of time in this process, im also angry because they dont reply to Emails. I dont want to call them, Email is the de facto tool of communications these days not telephone.

So I stand by my argument, they are clearly overwhelmed and they need to hire more people or they need to charge us less to get certified.
  • dusan985dusan985 Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I've just submitted my application. Lets see how long does it take.
  • averageguy72averageguy72 Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
    So far, for CISM application, been 22 days since I initially submitted. For two weeks nothing, had to call before it got reviewed for completeness. No other communication with the exception of a "how was your support call experience" survey via email.
    CISSP / CCSP / CCSK / CRISC / CISM / CISA / CASP / Security+ / Network+ / A+ / CEH / eNDP / AWS Certified Advanced Networking - Specialty / AWS Certified Security - Specialty / AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional / AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate / AWS Certified Developer - Associate / AWS Cloud Practitioner
  • averageguy72averageguy72 Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Maybe they completed the batch or read these forums, officially CISM certified.
    CISSP / CCSP / CCSK / CRISC / CISM / CISA / CASP / Security+ / Network+ / A+ / CEH / eNDP / AWS Certified Advanced Networking - Specialty / AWS Certified Security - Specialty / AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional / AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate / AWS Certified Developer - Associate / AWS Cloud Practitioner
    FINAL UPDATE: I received the official approval from ISACA today - I'm now officially CRISC certified! Timeline recap: Tested/passed exam December 18th, submitted application for certification December 28th, received official certification approval January 18th! Hang in there!icon_cheers.gif
    STEMGirl wrote: »
    FINAL UPDATE: I received the official approval from ISACA today - I'm now officially CRISC certified! Timeline recap: Tested/passed exam December 18th, submitted application for certification December 28th, received official certification approval January 18th! Hang in there!icon_cheers.gif

Very Many Congratulations!!!
    Thanks cisaguru - I'm sure you'll get the same good news very soon! Next up for me, the CGEIT!icon_study.gif
    Congratulations for those who get the approval. I have finally received an update from them via Email. The email basically said that they are overwhelmed because it's the beginning of the year and that it will take them another 2-3 weeks to process my application...

I'm angry but I guess there is nothing I can do.
    Congratulations for those who get the approval. I have finally received an update from them via Email. The email basically said that they are overwhelmed because it's the beginning of the year and that it will take them another 2-3 weeks to process my application...

I'm angry but I guess there is nothing I can do.

Same here. Received that generic mail couple of days after sending the application. Status on my ISACA profile still not changed.
    dusan985 wrote: »
    Same here. Received that generic mail couple of days after sending the application. Status on my ISACA profile still not changed.

Ditto. The tease continues...

Oh well!!
    Finally got my CISA and CGEIT from 1/3 certified. After two nastygrams plus a phone call!
    cisaguru wrote: »

Oh well!!

Got the first review successfully passed email today.
    jumblerr wrote: »
    Finally got my CISA and CGEIT from 1/3 certified. After two nastygrams plus a phone call!
    Congrats!
    Got the first review successfully passed email today.
    Nice. Still no change for my status.

Oh well!!

Same here.

Status didn't change since January 10, 2018.
    Same here.

Status didn't change since January 10, 2018.

I would expect a movement this week. Hang in there. In the mean time, here is my journey:

21-Dec-2017 - Exam Passed
    08-Jan-2018 - Application sent via email
    22-Jan-2018 - "We're very busy at the beginning of the year" email received
    26-Jan-2018 - Application passed First Review

Please share your timelines so it could help understand the trend. Cheers and best wishes.
    My Timeline:

29-Dec-2017 - Exam Passed
    18-Jan-2018 - Application sent via email

I guess they've sent the email on 22nd to everyone in the process of certification.
    I would expect a movement this week. Hang in there. In the mean time, here is my journey:

Please share your timelines so it could help understand the trend. Cheers and best wishes.

Update:

30-Jan-2018 - Application Status changed to "Approved" but no formal email received.
    For my CISM

13-Dec-2017 - Exam Passed
    10-Jan-2018 - Application sent via email
    30-Jan-2018 - Still nothing
    Update:

30-Jan-2018 - Application Status changed to "Approved" but no formal email received.
    30-Jan-2018 - Certification Approved - Site updated and Email Received.

Good luck to you all and hope you continue to share your timelines so its helpful to others

Cheers
    For my CISM

13-Dec-2017 - Exam Passed
    10-Jan-2018 - Application sent via email
    30-Jan-2018 - Still nothing

Update..

Well I just received a note that there is an overlapping in my application. It was my fault but they only informed me 20 days after I submitted the application. I corrected the mistake and send it back and I really hope they won't take 20 days to review it again icon_sad.gif