Options

AWS Certified Developer Associate Pass

I took and passed the AWS Certified Developer Associate test on 1-13-18.

Overall Score: 96%

Topic Level Scoring:
1.0  AWS Fundamentals: 100%
2.0  Designing and Developing: 95%
3.0  Deployment and Security: 93%
4.0  Debugging: 100%

I passed the Certified Solutions Architect back in November. The Developer test was much easier and had some overlap from the Solutions Architect test.
I picked the wrong profession. Too much studying. :study:
[FONT=&amp]Thus says the Lord: “Let not the wise man boast in his wisdom, let not the mighty man boast in his might, let not the rich man boast in his riches, [/FONT][FONT=&amp]but let him who boasts boast in this, that he understands and knows me, that I am the Lord who practices steadfast love, justice, and righteousness in the earth. For in these things I delight, declares the Lord.” Jeremiah 9:23-24[/FONT]

Comments

• Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Congrats and amazing score!!
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    jkoseattlejkoseattle Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I'm studying for the SA Associate now, and have a bunch of training materials here at my disposal. I'm getting some conflicting advice on certain things, whether they are or are not things I need to know for the exam. So I signed up to this forum just for the purposes of asking, so I don't waste any time:

1. Do I need to know info about pricing models, such as whether this or that service is more expensive, or what's free and what costs?
    2. Some of my practice exams are asking me questions about service limits, such as "How many EC2 instances are allowed per region?" or "Am I going to need to know any of these numbers?
  • Options
    crimsonavengercrimsonavenger Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    f16jetman wrote: »
    I took and passed the AWS Certified Developer Associate test on 1-13-18. Overall Score: 96% Topic Level Scoring: 1.0  AWS Fundamentals: 100% 2.0  Designing and Developing: 95% 3.0  Deployment and Security: 93% 4.0  Debugging: 100% I passed the Certified Solutions Architect back in November. The Developer test was much easier and had some overlap from the Solutions Architect test.
    Congratulations! How far did they get into scripting?
    jkoseattle wrote: »
    Congrats! I'm studying for the SA Associate now, and have a bunch of training materials here at my disposal. I'm getting some conflicting advice on certain things, whether they are or are not things I need to know for the exam. So I signed up to this forum just for the purposes of asking, so I don't waste any time: 1. Do I need to know info about pricing models, such as whether this or that service is more expensive, or what's free and what costs? 2. Some of my practice exams are asking me questions about service limits, such as "How many EC2 instances are allowed per region?" or "Am I going to need to know any of these numbers?
    1. Yes, not necessarily which is more expensive as a flat answer, but you will need to know use case scenarios that point to which service could make the most economic sense. 2. Yes, there is a strict cap per region per type; scaling has its own set of rules. You don't need to know everything, that's pretty much impossible at this point how they've expanded their services, but you will need to know the core services; Storage, Compute, DB, IAM, VPC, DNS https://docs.aws.amazon.com/general/latest/gr/aws_service_limits.html