CISSP exam re-attempts after fee payment

bhanu_gopularambhanu_gopularam Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,

I have been following this forum from quite sometime and found it very useful.

I have a doubt on exam attempts. How many times a candidate can appear after the prescribed fee payment (700$)? If candidate fails, can he reappear without paying fee?

I heard from my friends that CISSP allows multiple attempts (2 or 3) once we pay the fee and fail in first attemp. I went through the ISC website and pearson and didnt find any instructions like that.

Please clarify.

Comments

• TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Hi,

I have been following this forum from quite sometime and found it very useful.

I have a doubt on exam attempts. How many times a candidate can appear after the prescribed fee payment (700$)? If candidate fails, can he reappear without paying fee?

I heard from my friends that CISSP allows multiple attempts (2 or 3) once we pay the fee and fail in first attemp. I went through the ISC website and pearson and didnt find any instructions like that.

Please clarify.

There are no free attempts for the CISSP or any ISC2 exams.
    Receiving Your Results

(ISC)² conducts a thorough statistical and psychometric analysis of the score data to establish the pass/fail score before releasing scores. We need a minimum number of test takers before this analysis can be completed.

Depending on the volume of test takers for a given test, there may be times when scores are delayed for approximately six to eight weeks to complete this critical process.

Your TA will give you an unofficial exam result when you check out at the test center. (ISC)² will email you the official result.

In some instances, real-time results may not be available.

All test results are subject to the (ISC)² psychometric and forensic evaluation. This evaluation could take place after you get your official results. (The timing is based on the number of tests taken.) If the psychometric and forensic evaluation affects your score, (ISC)² will notify you.

Results will not be released over the phone. If you have any questions about this policy, contact (ISC)² before your exam.

Exam Irregularities and Results Invalidation

If (ISC)² suspects that any irregularity, fraud or policy violation has taken place before, during or after an exam, (ISC)² will examine the situation and determine whether action is needed. (ISC)² may choose not to score the exam of the affected test taker(s). Or, (ISC)² may choose to cancel the results of the affected test taker(s).

At (ISC)²’s sole discretion, we may:

Revoke any and all certifications you may have earned.
    Ban you from earning future (ISC)² certifications.
    Decline to score or cancel any exam under any of the circumstances listed in the (ISC)² Examination Agreement.
    Retake Policy

You can sit for (ISC)² exams up to three times within a 12-month period.

For the CISSP-CAT, CISSP, SSCP, CAP, CSSLP, ISSAP, ISSEP and ISSMP:

If you don’t pass the exam the first time, you can retest after 30 days.
    If you don’t pass a second time, you can retest after an additional 90 days.
    If you don’t pass a third time, you can retest after 180 days from your most recent exam attempt.
    For the CCSP and HCISPP:

If you don’t pass the exam the first time, you can retest after 90 days.
    If you don’t pass a second time, you can retest after an additional 90 days.
    If you don’t pass a third time, you can retest after 180 days from your most recent exam attempt.
  • bhanu_gopularambhanu_gopularam Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for clarification!
  • TechGuru80TechGuru80 Member Posts: 1,539 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Those “free attempts” are tied to training courses that offer retake options as a perk. I can’t think of one off the top of my head but I have definitely seen those type of companies advertise that...but to be clear it’s offered by the training company, not ISC2 or Pearson.
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    I wonder if exam pass guarantees are still around. The only one I could remember was Training Camp but they say that "students who are unsuccessful on the exam may retake this program live or online and/or enroll in our mentoring program at no additional cost." Says nothing about another shot at the exam.
  • laurieHlaurieH Member Posts: 109 ■■■□□□□□□□

What he said. As far as Pearson and ISC are concerned you pay a fee to sit the exam. You fail it - you pay again. Some training courses may offer a guarantee to refund you or similar if you don't pass.
    CCNA - expired
    CISSP - live n' kickin'
    My CISSP study apps
    My CISSP study advice blog
  • bjpeterbjpeter Member Posts: 198 ■■■□□□□□□□
    edited August 2019
    laurieH said:

What he said. As far as Pearson and ISC are concerned you pay a fee to sit the exam. You fail it - you pay again. Some training courses may offer a guarantee to refund you or similar if you don't pass.
    I thought (ISC)2 was like CompTIA sometime ago and offered packages that included a free retake.
    2021 Goals (2): SSCP, eCPPT
    Achieved (27): Certified Associate in Python Programming, Microsoft Certified: Azure Fundamentals, PenTest+, Project+, CySA+, Flutter Certified Application Developer, OCP Java EE 7 Application Developer, CCSP, OCP Java SE 11 Developer, CISSP, Linux+/LPIC-1, CCSKv4, OCE Java EE 6 JPA Developer, CSSLP, Server+, Cloud+, Arcitura Certified Cloud Professional, CASP+, Mobility+, Storage+, Android Certified Application Developer, OCP Java SE 8 Programmer, Security+, OCM Java SE 6 Developer, B.S. and M.S. in Computer Science