Options

About to take the GSE Written Exam

URG_PSH_FINURG_PSH_FIN Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
So, I've been going through some pretty in-depth training for the last few months and just received confirmation that my GSE written attempt has been placed into my account. Trying to knock this out and shoot for the lab next summer. Here goes nothing! Just need to schedule it after my GSNA exam next week.
MS in Information Assurance - Regis University

2018 Goals - [ ] GSE Lab [ ] OSCP Enrollment
Late 2018-Early 2019 Goals: [ ] RHCSA [ ] RHCE

Comments

• Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Good luck!!! GSE is on my wishlist for next year. Wish being the key part icon_lol.gif
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    My original intent was to take this before moving, but life happened and as such, I delayed. So, after the move and settling down to my new job, I finally sat the exam today. 90% on the written. Next stop will be Las Vegas in September for the lab. Finished up the exam in 2hrs18m.

UGhld2ZmZiEhIQ==

• Options
    cshkurucshkuru Member Posts: 246 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congratulations.
  • Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Congrats on the pass! Are you going to journal your prep for the lab? It would be super helpful to those of us with GSE aspirations.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    Thanks! And absolutely, I can journal my prep in order to help others. My biggest thing is getting a network setup so I can generate the traffic I need and practice. One place I was told I could use is: Malware-Traffic-Analysis.net for pcap samples.