Options

Can I use these Equipment for ccna security ?

sam88sam88 Member Posts: 60 ■■■□□□□□□□
Gate Protect Firewall GPO 125 & Cisco Firewall pix515e ? Around $150 I'm getting 2 Cisco Firewall pix515e , 1 Gate Protect Firewall GPO 125 and cisco pix firewall book by Richard

Comments

• Options
    TechGuru80TechGuru80 Member Posts: 1,539 ■■■■■■□□□□
    The first search on google for PIX 515E says “obsolete.” Why don’t you just get VIRL? You can do a lot of what is needed and spend about the same while being more flexible.
  • Options
    clarsonclarson Member Posts: 903 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Options
    I tried to search for virl but I didn't any link to download. It's good to go for ASA5510. What about the Gate Protect Firewall GPO 125? Can I take this for $50?
  • Options
    alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Gate Protect is not a Cisco product. It's not going to help you at all on a Cisco exam. I've used the ASAv successfully for the SENSS exam in the past. It was a free download when I got it.
  • Options
    TechGuru80TechGuru80 Member Posts: 1,539 ■■■■■■□□□□
    sam88 wrote: »
    I tried to search for virl but I didn't any link to download. It's good to go for ASA5510. What about the Gate Protect Firewall GPO 125? Can I take this for $50?
    What do you mean? VIRL is not a free product...it's $200 for a year subscription. Why exactly are you so stuck on Gate Protect? That thread posted already discusses exactly what you are asking. Buy VIRL if you don't already have equipment, or get an ASA 5506 if you have equipment and don't mind spending $400 on eBay.
  • Options
    slinuxuzerslinuxuzer Member Posts: 665 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Personally in this day and age I wouldn't buy lab gear for Cisco tracks, look at INE.com for rack rentals, you can rent entire racks capable of doing CCIE level stuff for a few bucks an hour, find packet tracer, or buy VIRL.
  • Options
    Thanks for your suggestions. Instead of paying $200 Virl subscription for an year. I'll prefer to purchase ASA5510 for my ccna Security.