Akegia's CCNP Route Thread

akegiaakegia Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey All,

I passed Switch last year, but due to Hurricane Harvey and some other personal issues that came up towards the end of 2017 I have been unable to really make progress on Route till now.

I am making this thread as a way to hold myself accountable to getting it studied and completed.

My study resources are:

Kevin Wallace LiveLessons videos
Chris Bryant on uDemy CCNP video series
CBTNuggets Route video series
OCG + FLG
NetworkLessons
Anki Flashcards

So far I have completed the Network Fundamentals, and EIGRP videos from Chris Bryant, and Kevin Wallace. I plan to watch the Network Fundamentals and EIGRP videos from CBTNuggets this week, as-well read through the OCG and FLG chapters for each.

If anyone has any tips or points about taming the beast that is Route, please let me know them :)

Pat

Comments

• negru_tudornegru_tudor Member Posts: 473 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck!

Practice, practice, practice.

Watch Kawar Butt's videos for Router Gods (late 2017) as well as GNS3Vault /NetworkLessons.

If you work for a Cisco Partner, then you have access to Cisco's "official" ROUTE videos on salesconnect.cisco.com. They're not much but they do have some cool tricks / additions etc.

Boson's ExSim for ROUTE is a great way to measure your readiness for ROUTE once you've considered studies done + rooting out weak areas for additional reviews.
    2017-2018 goals:
    [X] CIPTV2 300-075
    [ ] SIP School SSCA
    [X] CCNP Switch 300-115 [X] CCNP Route 300-101 [X] CCNP Tshoot 300-135
    [ ] LPIC1-101 [ ] LPIC1-102 (wishful thinking)
  • akegiaakegia Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    If you work for a Cisco Partner, then you have access to Cisco's "official" ROUTE videos on salesconnect.cisco.com. They're not much but they do have some cool tricks / additions etc.

Sadly I don't work for a Cisco Partner :/ But I am on Router Gods and will give that series a watch too!
  • hunterthuntert Banned Posts: 231
    read " mastering route" or subscribe to networklessons.com
  • mr.comfortablymr.comfortably Member Posts: 83 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hello Pat,

Ironically, my name is Pat as well. I was curious which courses you were purchasing from Chris Bryant for the CCNP material.
    I am going through my CCNP Route right now, and using only Wendel's book and Stormwinds video course with Desiree. I would like to watch the Chris Bryant videos as well, as that is what I used for my CCNA. He has multiple choices on Udemy for ccnp. Which one specifically did you go with?

Thank you,

Pat
  • negru_tudornegru_tudor Member Posts: 473 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hello Pat,

Ironically, my name is Pat as well. I was curious which courses you were purchasing from Chris Bryant for the CCNP material.
    I am going through my CCNP Route right now, and using only Wendel's book and Stormwinds video course with Desiree. I would like to watch the Chris Bryant videos as well, as that is what I used for my CCNA. He has multiple choices on Udemy for ccnp. Which one specifically did you go with?

Thank you,

Pat

Grab this one https://www.udemy.com/ccnpallinone and you'll also get CCNA Security vids from Chris.
    2017-2018 goals:
    [X] CIPTV2 300-075
    [ ] SIP School SSCA
    [X] CCNP Switch 300-115 [X] CCNP Route 300-101 [X] CCNP Tshoot 300-135
    [ ] LPIC1-101 [ ] LPIC1-102 (wishful thinking)
    huntert wrote: »
    read " mastering route" or subscribe to networklessons.com
    Already am subscribed to NetworkLessons!
    Grab this one https://www.udemy.com/ccnpallinone and you'll also get CCNA Security vids from Chris.
    Yep, that is the one. :)
    I am going through my CCNP Route right now, and using only Wendel's book and Stormwinds video course with Desiree.

See above on the Chris Bryant thing, and Nice to meet you Pat. Which Wendel Odom book are you using?
    Just a update:

I have completed all the Vidoes on EIGRP from CBTNuggets, Chris Bryant, and LiveLessons. Now to do a day or two of hardcore EIGRP Labbing!
  • mr.comfortablymr.comfortably Member Posts: 83 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Labbing is the best part ;)
    break it, fix it, break it again, and fix it!
    networking is fun!