1/2 of CCNA Cyber Ops done: 210-250 SECFND Passed!

KyrakKyrak Member Posts: 143 ■■■□□□□□□□
I was one of the Cisco scholarship participants. Passed with an 883 (825 is passing) and finished in less than an hour. icon_cheers.gif I had read this exam was an easy one and I honestly just finished the videos and most of the labs (but started them all to make sure to get the voucher) then went for it. With Security+, CCNA Security, and CISSP knowledge fresh on my mind almost everything was review. I've heard SECOPS is more difficult so I'll probably sweat that one a bit more when I take it in January.

Kyrak
Up next: On Break, but then maybe CCNA DC, CCNP DC, CISM, AWS SysOps Administrator

Comments

• TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congratulations! Which cohort are you in? 4 or 5?
  • ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • KyrakKyrak Member Posts: 143 ■■■□□□□□□□
    TheFORCE wrote: »
    Congratulations! Which cohort are you in? 4 or 5?
    I was in 5 originally but got moved up to 4.
    Up next: On Break, but then maybe CCNA DC, CCNP DC, CISM, AWS SysOps Administrator
  • nisti2nisti2 Member Posts: 503 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Wow congratulations! Any other resource that you used it? Like books?

Regards,
    2020 Year goals:
    Already passed: Oracle Cloud, AZ-900
    Taking AZ-104 in December.

"Certs... is all about IT certs!"
  • SyntaxSyntax Member Posts: 61 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I passed SECFND recently as well (Cohort 4), and just used the materials provided. About a week before the exam, I went back and ensured I got 100 percent on all of the challenges. Anything I got wrong I went back to the referencing section and studied over again. I also went through the exam prep mentoring videos they do at the end, and also studied the exam objectives itself and made sure I checked off each line item. Passed with a 906/1000 :)
  • psheehan5psheehan5 Member Posts: 80 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! I am in cohort 5 and am currently going through all the introductory stuff they sent. Can't wait to get going!!
    nisti2 wrote: »
    Wow congratulations! Any other resource that you used it? Like books?
    I had heard SECFND was easy and all of the topics were fresh on my mind from the CISSP so I pretty much finished the videos and labs, then scheduled the exam. I did review the exam objectives and made sure I knew what all of them meant. Plus they give you two vouchers so worst case I could have just retaken it if I didn't pass.
  • hunterthuntert Banned Posts: 231
  • marcusjones02marcusjones02 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    any good brain ****?
  • Fulcrum45Fulcrum45 Member Posts: 621 ■■■■■□□□□□
    any good brain ****?

Marcus- be careful, buddy. **** are no good for you or your career. Besides, this is NOT the place to be asking for them ;)
  • PC509PC509 Member Posts: 804 ■■■■■■□□□□
    any good brain ****?

Nope. Just the one you have in your head.
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Seriously? Why not learn the damn material?
  • nisti2nisti2 Member Posts: 503 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations! Taking mine in March!! icon_cool.gif
    2020 Year goals:
    Already passed: Oracle Cloud, AZ-900
    Taking AZ-104 in December.

"Certs... is all about IT certs!"
  • PC509PC509 Member Posts: 804 ■■■■■■□□□□
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    Seriously? Why not learn the damn material?

Because some people don't like that sense of accomplishment, the knowledge gained, the value you give your employer, and the joy of seeing that "Pass" and knowing what you did to get to that "Pass" screen.

Me? I passed this morning. I'm still feeling pretty damn good about myself! :) Sure, it was just 1 of the 2 exams, and the easy one, but it still is a good accomplishment. Walking around thinking I'm a bad ass, saying to myself "I know my ****. I'm ******* awesome!". :) Yea, I like passing and knowing I earned it and actually know the material (of course, I always love learning more and I don't know everything and I still have to be able to apply it!). It's a good feeling.

Some people just want a piece of paper and a line on a resume. They don't enjoy the IT field that much, I'm guessing.
  • MouratovMouratov Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats for all that pass.Anyone have the book for study that can share it?
  • fitzlopezfitzlopez Member Posts: 103 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Mouratov wrote: »
    Congrats for all that pass.Anyone have the book for study that can share it?

CCNA Cyber Ops SECFND #210-250 Official Cert Guide
    CCNA Cyber Ops SECOPS 210-255 Official Cert Guide

Right now they have a good discount when you buy 2 books, use coupon PD2018

"Buy 2 eligible titles and save 55% off the list price during our Presidents' Day Sale.
    Expires: Friday, February 23, 2018"

The books are pretty good, but the online material is great. Clear, to the point. I was watching the ITpro videos and I don't like that they get sidetracked, not so with the Cisco ones.

Oh and I passed SECFND also, doing SECOPS on the 28th.
  • UsualSuspect7UsualSuspect7 Member Posts: 97 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I have a question about the SECFND 210-250. I was curious does the exam have a lab? Like with CCNA R/S configure or T-Shoot?

I'm asking for general on the type of questions. I hope this isn't intrusive.
    CISSP, CCENT, CCNA R/S, CCNA Cyber OPs, Security+, CySA+, PenTest+, Network+, Microsoft AZ-900, InsightVM CA
  • technogoattechnogoat Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I passed as well

what type of job do you have?

feels like it's impossible to get a security role
  • TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I have a question about the SECFND 210-250. I was curious does the exam have a lab? Like with CCNA R/S configure or T-Shoot?

I'm asking for general on the type of questions. I hope this isn't intrusive.

no lab, all multiple choice questions
  • E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,228 ■■■■■■■■■■
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    Why not learn the damn material?

Obviously because he is only interested in learning the material that enables him to pass the exam. Duh! icon_cool.gif
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
    technogoat wrote: »
    I passed as well

what type of job do you have?

feels like it's impossible to get a security role
    You are right that breaking the ice into security can be tough. I am a Security Engineer but ended up here by a transfer from my current company as a Systems Engineer. I think that was a great way to go because I was able to keep my same salary. If I had gone to a new company without any dedicated security experience, I would have had to take a pay cut and probably come in as an Analyst instead.