Passed The Net+ Exam

coreyb80coreyb80 Member Posts: 647 ■■■■■□□□□□
Afternoon everyone. Just wanted to report that I took the exam today and passed by the skin of my teeth, but a pass is a pass. Some of the questions were pure head scratchers. Up next is the Sec+ then Project+ to wrap up the term @ WGU.
WGU BS - Network Operations and Security
Completion Date: May 2021

Comments

• SquishedSquished Member Posts: 191 ■■■□□□□□□□
    coreyb80 wrote: »
    Afternoon everyone. Just wanted to report that I took the exam today and passed by the skin of my teeth, but a pass is a pass. Some of the questions were pure head scratchers. Up next is the Sec+ then Project+ to wrap up the term @ WGU.

Curious, how long did you study for and what's your past experience in the industry?
    [2018] - A+ 901 (PASS), A+ 902 (PASS), Project+ (PASS), Security+ (PASS), Network+(PASS), CySA, Cloud+
    [2018] - MBA - IT Management - WGU (PASS)

HR: “What if we train them and they leave?”
    ME: “What if we don’t train them and they stay?”
  • DaisyLovesFlowersDaisyLovesFlowers Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • jgq85jgq85 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Grats? What material did you study? Is this supposed to help if we're not at WGU?
  • jamshid666jamshid666 Member Posts: 48 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm starting this class today at WGU. From what I've read on the WGU subreddit, the Ucertify materials are horrible, and I'm going to use the Mike Myers course on Lynda and the Professor Messer videos.
    WGU BS - Network Operations and Security Estimated completion: May 2019
    Remaining courses: C846 (ITIL), C768 (OA), C850 (OA), C769 (Capstone)
    Active Certifications: A+, CCDA, CCNA-R&S, CCNA-Security, CIW-SDA, i-Net+, Network+, Project+, Security+, Server+, Splunk Certified User, VCP-DCV
    Expired Certifications: CCNP, LPIC-1, MCSE, RHCSE,
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • coreyb80coreyb80 Member Posts: 647 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Squished wrote: »
    Curious, how long did you study for and what's your past experience in the industry?

I studied for a couple of months and I currently work in IT doing desktop support.
    jamshid666 wrote: »
    I'm starting this class today at WGU. From what I've read on the WGU subreddit, the Ucertify materials are horrible, and I'm going to use the Mike Myers course on Lynda and the Professor Messer videos.

Ucertify is a waste and it's sad the mentors try to push you to use it as a study guide for the exam. I'm currently studying for the Sec+ and using Professor Messor videos.
    jgq85 wrote: »
    Grats? What material did you study? Is this supposed to help if we're not at WGU?

I used Ucertify plus Professor Messor videos along with some experience I've gained while working in IT.
  • SpiegelSpiegel Member Posts: 322 ■■■■■□□□□□
    coreyb80 wrote:
    Ucertify is a waste and it's sad the mentors try to push you to use it as a study guide for the exam. I'm currently studying for the Sec+ and using Professor Messor videos.

It's funny. I'm taking the course to get Sec+ at the moment and my mentor advised to just use my Darril Gibso book instead.
    Degree: WGU B.S. Network Operations and Security [COMPLETE]
    Current Certs: A+ | N+ | S+ | Cloud Essentials+ | Project+ | MTA: OSF | CIW: SDA | ITIL: F | CCENT | CCNA R&S | CCNA | LPI Linux Essentials
    Currently Working On: JNCIA-MistAI

2022 Goals: JNCIA-MistAI [ ]
    Future Certs: CCNP Enterprise
    Spiegel wrote: »
    It's funny. I'm taking the course to get Sec+ at the moment and my mentor advised to just use my Darril Gibso book instead.

Only thing that's truly helping me with Sec+ is the PM videos and the fact that I've had some type of encounter with this material prior so I'm familiar. I had to fight with my mentor about Net+ because he wanted me to do UCertify before I took the exam and I wouldn't budge on using that material.
  • SpiegelSpiegel Member Posts: 322 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Only thing that's truly helping me with Sec+ is the PM videos and the fact that I've had some type of encounter with this material prior so I'm familiar. I had to fight with my mentor about Net+ because he wanted me to do UCertify before I took the exam and I wouldn't budge on using that material.

The only thing I find useful with uCertify is the test questions. Can't have too many practice questions
    Degree: WGU B.S. Network Operations and Security [COMPLETE]
    Current Certs: A+ | N+ | S+ | Cloud Essentials+ | Project+ | MTA: OSF | CIW: SDA | ITIL: F | CCENT | CCNA R&S | CCNA | LPI Linux Essentials
    Currently Working On: JNCIA-MistAI

2022 Goals: JNCIA-MistAI [ ]
    Future Certs: CCNP Enterprise
  • jamshid666jamshid666 Member Posts: 48 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I have an awesome mentor. I told her about these comments on both this board and the WGU subreddit, and she's totally cool with me using other materials instead of uCertify.
    WGU BS - Network Operations and Security Estimated completion: May 2019
    Remaining courses: C846 (ITIL), C768 (OA), C850 (OA), C769 (Capstone)
    Active Certifications: A+, CCDA, CCNA-R&S, CCNA-Security, CIW-SDA, i-Net+, Network+, Project+, Security+, Server+, Splunk Certified User, VCP-DCV
    Expired Certifications: CCNP, LPIC-1, MCSE, RHCSE,
    jamshid666 wrote: »
    I have an awesome mentor. I told her about these comments on both this board and the WGU subreddit, and she's totally cool with me using other materials instead of uCertify.

Glad she's understanding. My mentor doesn't get it and I'm still not sure why he feels the need to talk to me every week 3 months in to the term. My last mentor was the absolute best. When I told him I was ready it was no second guessing.
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats!
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • Basic85Basic85 Member Posts: 189 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Is that all you used for Network+? Ucertify and Professor Messer. Which Ucerity course exactly? Congrats
  • luscious5150luscious5150 Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats dude!!!
    Basic85 wrote: »
    Is that all you used for Network+? Ucertify and Professor Messer. Which Ucerity course exactly? Congrats

I would NOT recommend UCertify unless you're already familiar with networking and can use UCertify to brush up. It was included with my Net+ course @ WGU. Professor Messor videos are clutch.

Thanks for the congrats everyone. I have Sec+ scheduled for next Tuesday, but might move it to Friday or Monday. I'm ready to get it over with honestly.
  • ScotthuddScotthudd Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I just passed network+ yesterday. I didn’t even finish all the questions. Nothing prepared me for how they worded the questions but managed to get a 737. Has to rush through the last 10 questions. GoIng to take security+ next.
  • Basic85Basic85 Member Posts: 189 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Scotthudd wrote: »
    I just passed network+ yesterday. I didn’t even finish all the questions. Nothing prepared me for how they worded the questions but managed to get a 737. Has to rush through the last 10 questions. GoIng to take security+ next.

Congrats!! What materials did you use?
  • Jay_CertifiedJay_Certified Member Posts: 13 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Scotthudd wrote: »

Congrats on getting your network+. Just wondering if you can give an example of how some of the questions were worded?