Options

Sat the PenTest+ Beta

jamshid666jamshid666 Member Posts: 48 ■■■□□□□□□□
That was a really interesting exam. I don't think I passed, I was not prepared for how in-depth it got on all of the nmap switches, lots of questions on that tool alone. But, I don't have a Pentesting background, I took it because of how cheap the exam was, I figured it was a nice way to see what was on the exam for later when I'm ready to really start focusing on this subject. Sometime after I finish my BS-NOS degree at WGU. In addition to nmap, a lot of other tools were on the exam, as well as various code snippets in python and ruby. Quite a few questions regarding business processes particularly around contracts and legal authorority and scope of pentesting, questions that displayed outputs from wireshark and other scanning tools and you were expected to identify probable vulnerabilities to exploit, and I had six scenarios: one command line and the rest were the fun CompTIA-style drag and drops. Overall, it was actually a fun exam even if I didn't pass and I can't wait to get back to this after I finish my BS.
WGU BS - Network Operations and Security Estimated completion: May 2019
Remaining courses: C846 (ITIL), C768 (OA), C850 (OA), C769 (Capstone)
Active Certifications: A+, CCDA, CCNA-R&S, CCNA-Security, CIW-SDA, i-Net+, Network+, Project+, Security+, Server+, Splunk Certified User, VCP-DCV
Expired Certifications: CCNP, LPIC-1, MCSE, RHCSE,

Comments

• Options
    jamshid666jamshid666 Member Posts: 48 ■■■□□□□□□□
    According to the CompTIA website: " Pass/fail information will not be available until summer 2018; candidates will be notified. Only a numbered score is issued at the end of the beta exam. No exam objectives appear in beta exam results." Neither my son nor I received a numbered score at the end of the exam.
    WGU BS - Network Operations and Security Estimated completion: May 2019
    Remaining courses: C846 (ITIL), C768 (OA), C850 (OA), C769 (Capstone)
    Active Certifications: A+, CCDA, CCNA-R&S, CCNA-Security, CIW-SDA, i-Net+, Network+, Project+, Security+, Server+, Splunk Certified User, VCP-DCV
    Expired Certifications: CCNP, LPIC-1, MCSE, RHCSE,
  • Options
    shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
    jamshid666 wrote: »
    According to the CompTIA website: " Pass/fail information will not be available until summer 2018; candidates will be notified. Only a numbered score is issued at the end of the beta exam. No exam objectives appear in beta exam results." Neither my son nor I received a numbered score at the end of the exam.

I have taken 2 beta exams, including the Cloud+ beta in mid/late Oct 2017, didn't get results until around March 1st, 2018...It all depends when you took the exam: right when they released it or towards the end of the beta offering.
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP
  • Options
    PsychoData91PsychoData91 Member Posts: 138 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yeah, when I took the Beta for CySA+ I didn't even get a "this is your score" for several months. Then I got an email from CompTIA, I beleive, that my score report was available for my test. Logged in at https://www.certmetrics.com/comptia/login.aspx and found my score report under History

25usktn.png

It was kind of funny cause the testing center girl insisted that there should be a score report and was fussing at the other guy that he must have thrown it away.