Options

GCED book recommendations?

brandedbranded Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello all,

I see many references to "books" in "I passed GCED" threads, but no mention of any specific books.

I'd love to, but I can't currently afford the price or time of taking a the SEC501 course and would like to start in on a book.

What book do people recommend provides the most comprehensive coverage of the GCED material?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Well, unfortunately exams come from the course material and that is how most pass these tests. If you challenge it you are on your own to cover the objectives. Since there's no other authoritative source, the best approach is to deocnstruct the objectives and find individual material that touches on those.

Obligatory plug for the Work Study program: for like $1,500 you can get the full class, OnDemand version, and an attempt at the cert. If you can make it to a local event this is hands down the best/cheapest way to get certified.
  • Options
    Randy_RandersonRandy_Randerson Member Posts: 115 ■■■□□□□□□□
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    Well, unfortunately exams come from the course material and that is how most pass these tests. If you challenge it you are on your own to cover the objectives. Since there's no other authoritative source, the best approach is to deocnstruct the objectives and find individual material that touches on those.

Obligatory plug for the Work Study program: for like $1,500 you can get the full class, OnDemand version, and an attempt at the cert. If you can make it to a local event this is hands down the best/cheapest way to get certified.

This is going to be the most concise answer you'll get. Especially with GCED since there are a ton of different material that will not be covered in just one book.