Options

CISSP with 4 months of experience ?

raxa.jafyraxa.jafy Member Posts: 17 ■■□□□□□□□□
I just have 4 months of experience and currently hold CEHv9 and Bachelors in Comp sci, CISSP is my ultimate dream, so is it possible to clear cissp without experience i know i wont be certified till the 5 years of experience but is it possible to clear it ? Are here people who have cleared cissp ? any advice will be appreciable

Comments

• Options
    garbo77garbo77 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yes you can. Having the CEH9 you will need only 4 years experience instead 5. Btw you can apply as ISC Associate, and passing the exam, ISC2 will give you 6 years time to achieve the 4 years experience in minimum 2 domains.
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Honest question, why take it now and not after you gain more experience?
  • Options
    kabbrakabbra Member Posts: 17 ■■■□□□□□□□
    garbo77 wrote: »
    Yes you can. Having the CEH9 you will need only 4 years experience instead 5. Btw you can apply as ISC Associate, and passing the exam, ISC2 will give you 6 years time to achieve the 4 years experience in minimum 2 domains.

I agree with garbo77. You should try the Associate. That demonstrate to employers your seriousness about this certification.
  • Options
    SteveLavoieSteveLavoie Member Posts: 1,133 ■■■■■■■■■□
    First, find a job in Infosec or at least that can help you gain the required experience for CISSP. Then in 2-3 years, do the certification. Meanwhile, you will have gained real world experience, and that is worth more than a paper cert.
  • Options
    raxa.jafyraxa.jafy Member Posts: 17 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Whats the point of getting certifications which cant get you recogination in our field only CEH , OSCP , CISSP , CISA , CISM , CRISC works thats it

Why should i go for others ?
  • Options
    shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Usually IT experience supersedes any of those certs
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP
  • Options
    kabbrakabbra Member Posts: 17 ■■■□□□□□□□
    shochan wrote: »
    Usually IT experience supersedes any of those certs

Certification is what counts for management these days, unfortunately.
  • Options
    Well... certification without experience is not worth a lot IMHO

Few experience and a few low-level cert indicate some interest... but few experience and too high-level cert indicate only that you can write test.
  • Options
    NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    kabbra wrote: »
    Certification is what counts for management these days, unfortunately.

Pretty sure that you might be able to apply that theory to entry level positions. Anything past that though Experience > Certifications. Honestly it isn't even close. Say your hiring for a network engineer position. Are you going take someone with 5 years networking experience and no certifications, or someone with no experience but has a CCNP?

Obvious having both is way to go. But experience trumps certs everyday of the week.
  • Options
    Knowledge of IT is a good point, but years of real-world experience in working in a real business is worth a lot. Even if you don't learn something in IT, just to learn the business way of thinking.. it is worth it.