As of April 2018, Cyber Ops Scholarship Still accepting applications

yoba222yoba222 Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■■■■■□□
Woo Hoo!

Thought I missed the boat on this but applied anyways maybe 3 weeks ago. Just got the invite email. The message is for Cohort 7, July - Nov 2018, and there are 2000 spots left of the original 10,000.

I just need to ensure I don't screw up the entrance exam.

I hope this post causes a few other forum members that missed the boat last year to get into the scholarship too!
A+, Network+, CCNA, LFCS,
Security+, eJPT, CySA+, PenTest+,
Cisco CyberOps, GCIH, VHL,
In progress: OSCP

Comments

• tripleatriplea Member Posts: 190 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I might still be in with a shot then as I signed up last week icon_smile.gif
  • someperson49someperson49 Member Posts: 82 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Where did you sign up?

I signed up along time ago but never got a response.
  • shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
    According to a few friends I sent the link to, they said signing up is now closed. wth?
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP
    Just got an email for the same, Cohort 7, July - Nov 2018, done step 1 and now waiting for the entrance test.

Hope that is not too difficult.
  • Welly_59Welly_59 Member Posts: 431
    Same email received by me as well
  • CellshadeCellshade Member Posts: 6 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats guys! Yeah I think I signed up a few weeks ago myself but I'm not sure If I actually signed up or "signed up for more information" since lol it was only about three boxes. Hopefully I actually signed up and hear something myself *fingers crossed*. Seems whatever form that was there is now gone.
  • McxRisleyMcxRisley Member Posts: 494 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I signed up last week and just took the entrance exam today and passed, so hopefully I get in.
    I'm not allowed to say what my previous occupation was, but let's just say it rhymes with architect.
    Just had the link for the 2nd part. Will complete tonight
    For those who have done the entrance test, without breaking the NDA, are you able to say what the test covers?
  • J_86J_86 Member Posts: 262 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I signed up a few months ago and just got the email Monday. I took the pre-qualifications exam tonight and passed. Looking forward to hopefully taking advantage of this training/cert!
    For those who have done the entrance test, without breaking the NDA, are you able to say what the test covers?

Looking at your cert list, I wouldn't be worried about it. Covers some of the very basics anyone with entirely level IT would know, but there were currently a few questions that I missed.
  • shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□

It has like 30 questions on the pre-exam, which will focus on Linux, Security, Windows from what I can recall...I took it way back in late 2016 or early 2017...but they stuck me in the last Cohort (7).
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP
    mine was 73 questions
  • fabostrongfabostrong Member Posts: 215 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I was pretty happy about this. Didn't think I'd get the chance but received an email on April 16th to do the Intake Survey. Then yesterday I received another email saying to take the Prequalification Exam and it had to be done the same day. Passing was a 75. Managed to get an 81. Hopefully that will be enough to get me in the program.
    Did the test and passed.

You really need to have studied some basic Microsoft, Cisco, Security and Linux.
  • djmd808djmd808 Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I was in cohort 5 (just finished today as a matter of fact) and on our FAQ about moving cohorts, it says that they are not accepting any more moves because cohorts 6 and 7 are full. Now, that's not to say that if you are already "in process" for 7 that you aren't getting in. If you were invited to take the "test" and you pass it, you are probably good to go. But I believe 7 will be the last cohort.
  • SpiegelSpiegel Member Posts: 322 ■■■■■□□□□□
    What are the requirements to be eligible to take opportunity for this scholarship?
    Degree: WGU B.S. Network Operations and Security [COMPLETE]
    Current Certs: A+ | N+ | S+ | Cloud Essentials+ | Project+ | MTA: OSF | CIW: SDA | ITIL: F | CCENT | CCNA R&S | CCNA | LPI Linux Essentials
    Currently Working On: JNCIA-MistAI

2022 Goals: JNCIA-MistAI [ ]
    Future Certs: CCNP Enterprise
    It's closed for good now so an irelevant question really
  • McxRisleyMcxRisley Member Posts: 494 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I just received my acceptance email a few minutes ago, time for more resume fodder!
    I'm not allowed to say what my previous occupation was, but let's just say it rhymes with architect.
    Just received an email I was accepted to Cohort 7! Anyone else?
    Had mine as well
  • SvobodaSvoboda Member Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm in Cohort 6 and according to the login page, Cohort 7 will be the last cohort available.
    Svoboda wrote: »
    I'm in Cohort 6 and according to the login page, Cohort 7 will be the last cohort available.

Yeah it says this will be the last one in the email as well. Really glad I was able to get in, already started reviewing the book for SECFND.
    Got in as well.

Anyone know what the deadlines are to sit the exams?