Road to CISSP Certification

TheRedBar0nTheRedBar0n Member Posts: 60 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi guys,Just need some advice. Now that I have passed the CISSP certification exam and became an Associate of ISC2, what are the next steps?I have my Sec+, and If I recall knocks off one year if I am not mistaken? In total I have been in an InfoSec position for the last 2 years.Would the next steps be just submitting CPE's till I reach the 5 year milestone?Appreciate any feedback guys.

Comments

• MIMEMIME Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    You should have received an e-mail from ISC2 with details on the process. I got an e-mail the day after I passed so if you haven't at this point CALL THEM. In looking at my e-mail from them (I passed my exam 3/29 so am in the waiting for endorsements to complete phase) they say that for those without the necessary experience to complete the process of getting your Associate of ISC2 you need to select the Associate member option during the online endorsement application. The link for this program is https://www.isc2.org/associate/default.aspx Basically you'll need to enroll in that program, pay the yearly dues, and via that online program they'll track your CPE's. In any case get in touch with ISC2 and congrats on the pass!
  • anthonxanthonx Member Posts: 109 ■■■□□□□□□□
    First of all, congrats! Now, the questions. Did you take the exam on or after April 15, 2018? If so, can you share your experience? What are your study materials and the test question banks you use? I'm not sure if you can tell the difference between the old and the new format? Thanks in advance.
    AnthonX
  • TheRedBar0nTheRedBar0n Member Posts: 60 ■■■□□□□□□□
    MIME wrote: »
    You should have received an e-mail from ISC2 with details on the process. I got an e-mail the day after I passed so if you haven't at this point CALL THEM. In looking at my e-mail from them (I passed my exam 3/29 so am in the waiting for endorsements to complete phase) they say that for those without the necessary experience to complete the process of getting your Associate of ISC2 you need to select the Associate member option during the online endorsement application. The link for this program is https://www.isc2.org/associate/default.aspx Basically you'll need to enroll in that program, pay the yearly dues, and via that online program they'll track your CPE's. In any case get in touch with ISC2 and congrats on the pass!
    Ah man, I forgot to reply on this. My status is now: "ISC2 Associate towards CISSP" in my ISC2 dashboard, so I guess that solves that question. Thanks for the feedback. Now just the annual CPEs to build up and eventually go through the endorsement process I guess (in about 1.5-2 years).
  • laurieHlaurieH Member Posts: 109 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yes that's pretty much it - make sure you keep up on your CPES and annual fees (don't want to have to resit the damn thing) and you can get yourself signed off when you have the relevant 4 years experience. Well done on passing!
    CCNA - expired
    CISSP - live n' kickin'
    My CISSP study apps
    My CISSP study advice blog
  • TheRedBar0nTheRedBar0n Member Posts: 60 ■■■□□□□□□□